PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne Training

PorcoRosso
8th Feb 2003, 12:52
I am looking information about training facilities in Europe, for a TR on a Piper Cheyenne, groundschool, flight training, and so on
Thanks

pinguino
8th Feb 2003, 17:58
you can try to contact alitalia school in AHO (sardinia), they have 2 simulators and 3 aircraft and they used to provide training also for non-alitalia pilots, do some search on the main website (its down now!) and you'll find a telephon number.

bye

KitKatPacificuk
10th Feb 2003, 10:03
I was looking at buying a Cheyenne 3 for a company I was working for and was looking for a TRTO. I was in Sardina (Algerho) for 3 days and popped in to see the guys at Atlitalia. They had 2 Cheyenne 3's there but wouldn't take anyone from outside Alitaila.
I spoke to Flight Safety at Lakeland Florida and they do the training, but there are big problems as you may know re: new type ratings for non US citizens. If you already have a rating similar to the Cheyenne eg King Air then they can do it. If you've never flow a turbine then they can't do it. Don't know of anywhere else. soz.

mjbow2
12th Feb 2003, 01:13
kitkat.....

that info from flight safety sounds a bit dodgy. is the Cheyenne >12500lbs?

if not then it doesnt require a 'type rating'. they can do non 'type rating' training on small aircraft. (per the regs <12500lbs)

as far as i am aware having previous turbine training means absolutely nothing with regard to the DOJ requirements for foreign crew training at flight safety or any other part 142 certificate holder......

any aircraft under this weight limit is deemed 'small' and has no specific 'rating' in the US. the requirement is for a foreign pilot to have been trained on a 'heavy' (read >12500lbs) under parts 121, 129, 135, 141 or 142 before the reg was introduced.

might check the info!

KitKatPacificuk
12th Feb 2003, 09:34
Sorry should have said class rating really!!
The email I got from Flight Safety said they could do the class rating BUT!

Do you already have experience on class ie MET?

If No then we can't do it unless you are a US citizen. If you do have experience then we can do it not a problem.

Basically couldn't do a new class rating, but could train from one type to another within the class.
That was from Flight Safety so with any luck it might of changed.

cortilla
12th Feb 2003, 09:43
Just a quick pointer. I think the reason type rating is mentioned, is because under JAR's, you have to have a type rating to fly any turboprop/turbojet (anything with a jet engine) regardless of weight. so you could have a chipmunk, but with a turboprop engine, you need a type rating on the little ******.

PorcoRosso
13th Feb 2003, 12:56
Thank you for those infos guys
To give you some clues about my profile :
Am french, holding FAA & CAA/JAA CPL/IR
1300 TT, 500 ME, no turboprop experience.
Legally, I can fly a "N" registered A/C with a MTOW 12500 or less, with no TR.
The Cheyenne 2 we plan to use will be based in Europe under "N" reg. So legally, I don't need any sort of training; but common sense rules to have some ;)
Basically, am looking for an organisation, not necessarily a TRTO, with Cheyenne experienced pilots to brief me heavily on this A/C
(handling on my A/C, and Sim training if available)
As it seems to be difficult to get this training in US for the "non US citizen" reasons, I am preferably looking for a european based school.
Many thanks for your help.

KitKatPacificuk
13th Feb 2003, 13:02
The Cheyennes at Alitalia are 3's, so would be no good for you anyway? Have you tried some of the French charter companies, they used to have a few, no names come to mind tho, sorry.
Good Luck

Flying French Boy
13th Feb 2003, 13:36
Hi CochonRouge ;)

You should be interested by Airways Formation at Agen (France). They propose Cheyenne II Type rating courses.

http://www.airways-formation.com

FFB

PS: Sorry if you already know it :O

PorcoRosso
14th Feb 2003, 09:04
Well, to be honest I know them , but I am much more considering a training outside of France, since national TRTO don't like mercenaries like me who got their JAA tickets the other side of the channel.
Furthermore, My boss, an FAA PPL /ME/IR, who will also attend a training, will not enjoy a "foreign legion style training" as some french schools provide ;)

pilotFRA
14th Feb 2003, 18:02
Lufthansa-Flight-Training pilot school in Bremen, Germany, also operates three PA42. Besides, they have simulators. Might be less expensive than Alitalia.

...greetings
pilotFRA

JAT F.A
14th Feb 2003, 20:10
Have a look at Yugoslav Airlines flight academy ....www.jat-academy.co.yu....

I´m currently doing my TR on the Cheyenne II there, i know that Yugoslavia might not be the best place in the world but the school is nice the aircraft are in great shape and the instructors (all trained at flight safety) are fantastic..i can highly recommend it....

Good Hunting