PDA

View Full Version : MAS:Needs Pilot Very Soon

marlin
8th Feb 2003, 06:42
So much hype about Air Asia Recruitment but Big Brother MAS is in dire need of Pilots too, especially co pilots.
Last month, tried to recruit direct intake pilots (30 or so) but only 19 turn up. All were recruited.
With A380 coming in 2006/7 and pilots retiring at max 60 yrs old, shortage at that time will be approx 200 slots.
But then the management do not readily accept the fact that shortage is very imminent. Trying hard to be popular in cost cutting, I believe. But Panic will set in very soon as gathered from internal sources.

Try your luck,guys

middlepath
8th Feb 2003, 08:09
Increasing pay abd benefit will dramatically atract candidates.

freightdriver
8th Feb 2003, 16:55
That's great news!

Info on email address with contact person / dept. where one can send their resume would be appreciated.

Do you know what the min requirements are for First Officer?

thanks!;)

MEGAMAN
8th Feb 2003, 16:58
does anybody know's how to contact Mr. hj. Shamsudin he's from flight operation HRD;)

flyingchinaman
24th Feb 2003, 13:03
Heard a rumour that MAS is short 50 guys/gals.
also heard that the (self) privately sponsored cadet pilots in MFA can be considered Air Asia's "cadet pilots", been head hunted before graduation!

can this be true or just hype to suck in more students to MFA?

also one question, does Airlines in Malaysia have their own higher House medical requirements? higher then DCA medical standards?

anyone?

7TIGA7
25th Feb 2003, 00:49
A batch of around 19 direct entry pilots will start training in March. Currently, there are about 12 cadets are in B737 ground & base training. Hopefully all these will relieve MAS for a while.

The Rage
1st Mar 2003, 15:09
Fat hopes, if any of the clowns in the office used 1% of their brains that they sit on, they would have started to hire expats on local term, till the situation gets back to normal. What about this expansion plans, where are they going to get the Fo's from.

skyjockey
3rd Mar 2003, 14:31
does MAS accept 737 tpye ratings on an FAA licence and how do i get my hands on an application form for MAS.