PDA

View Full Version : Distance Learning

rich49
7th Feb 2003, 19:21
Second post in one night-sorry
I was wondering what ATPL Distance learning was? I am looking through OATS website but it does not explain the course, it just gives the prices.
One other thing, why is it that an integrated course costs £60000 yet modular is £27000? Why the huge price difference???

PeteB
8th Feb 2003, 07:54
Distance learning is where the school send you out the study notes for you to study in your spare time, at home. They provide support, but essentially, it's up to you to get yourself through the course. The full time course uses the same notes, but you spend every day in a classroom being taught the subjects by an instructor, hence the difference between the full time and distance learning prices.
There has been much discussion on the subject of which is better, distance learning or full time, and which school is better for it. If you do a search you'll bring up many, many threads on the topic.

FlyingForFun
10th Feb 2003, 08:26
PeteB said:There has been much discussion on the subject of which is better, distance learning or full timeI'm not sure that's true, there's very little debate on this subject. Full-time is best. The only reason for doing distance learning is if you can't afford the cost of full-time study, or if you can't devote the time to it. I say this as a distance learning student who has a full-time job and so I don't have the time to attent a full-time course like Oxford's, otherwise there's no question at all, that's what I'd be doing.

Now as for the difference between modular and integrated, that is a subject about which there has been much debate! In fact, there's another thread running on this subject at the moment, so I won't repeat the arguments again here.

FFF
---------------