PDA

View Full Version : I PASSED (MOST OF) THE CPL(H) NAVS!!!

Whirlybird
27th Mar 2001, 18:54
Well, 7 out of 9 ain't bad, and is better than I expected.

I'm celebrating :) :) :) :) :)

------------------
Whirly

To fly is human, to hover, divine.

redsnail
27th Mar 2001, 19:22
Well done :)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

InFinRetirement
27th Mar 2001, 20:28
Hey Whirly! Didn't know you were doing them - well done. Go for it girl.

Congratulations :) :) :)

Barbara-Bumble-Bee
27th Mar 2001, 21:28
Whirly

That is fantastic - Well deserved!! One day you will have to teach me to fly those whirly machines as the wings I have just now only take me so far :)

BBB

Mister Geezer
28th Mar 2001, 01:51
Whirly!

See told you you could do it! :)

So so pleased for you. I am sure your progress is and would be a great source of inspiration for those who want to embark on a Helicopter career!

Hold your head high, keep your chin up and get that CPL (H)!

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

[This message has been edited by Mister Geezer (edited 27 March 2001).]

ronchonner
28th Mar 2001, 05:41
congratulation, but seriously, where do you want to go with this?U know that no one will give you a job, we want pilots with experience, no some accademicians checking boxes for some stupid JAR tests!!!

an ATP pilot

Whirlybird
28th Mar 2001, 11:09
ronchonner,

Helicopter instructors get paid quite well over here, rather more than I gather they do on your side of the pond. I can do it part time around my other work. I don't need more experience than I can realistically get in the next year or so. And I gather there's a reasonable chance of the work being available.

Anyway, flying training is enjoyable and a challenge, even if it doesn't eventually lead to anything. The tough part for me was the ground exams. It wasn't my idea to do these stupid tests (last year of national ones actually, not JAR); blame the CAA.

Any further questions? :)

------------------
Whirly

pjdj777
28th Mar 2001, 12:53
Well done Whirly.

good feeling isn't it?

Flypuppy
28th Mar 2001, 13:24
Congratulations Whirly!

Must be time for beers then?

Tarmach
28th Mar 2001, 19:31
well done Whirly!

GASH !
31st Mar 2001, 15:17
Well done Whirly, knew you could do it!

I`ve got my own personal battle with the JAA NAV`S on Wednesday & Thursday, hope I do as well. :)

advancing_blade
9th Apr 2001, 20:17
Whirly, well done. I hear it's a hell of a thing to pass. I am a Canadian trained CPL-H and I need to sit my CAA tech' group by june 5th. Did you do a groundschool course or all self study. If a course, can you recomend a school. I have contacted PPSC who sound great, but the dates aren't looking good. Any help appreciated, & congrats' again for your pass

advancing_blade

Oleo
9th Apr 2001, 21:39
Good on ya Whirly. Well done!

Have one for me ;)

Snigs
9th Apr 2001, 23:11
Great Whirly, I'm really pleased for you, I'll raise a glass for you tonight.

Cheers and well done!

Whirlybird
10th Apr 2001, 00:33
advancing_blade,

I used Bristol Ground School's notes, and then went on their month course. They are really really good; I'd definitely recommend them. I have their notes for the techs, and they have a week brush-up course just before the June 5th exams - I'm doing the techs then too. However, the course is basically for the fixed wing techs, which means you have to do the helicopter Principles of Flight on your own. There's also a guy called Mike Burton who does courses for both f/w and rotary techs, and most people rate his courses really highly. I have his phone number somewhere; e-mail me if you want it and I'll look it out.

The CAA CPL(H) exams carry on till the end of 2001, so you may not have to get them all by June, unless you have some other reason that you need to - only f/w ones finish in June.

------------------
Whirly