PDA

View Full Version : CX cadet interviews

Thomas K
7th Feb 2003, 03:17
Dear all,

I would really like some clarification on what the situation is at CX for people who are short-sighted. I myself am short-sighted (-5.0 (20/500) for each eye). It is said that you vision needs to be CORECTABLE to 20/20. Still, are there any limits?? Is -5.0 at a very borderline level? Overall, what are the chances for a person who is short-sighted to get in to the cadet program?? I'm in second year university and plan on applying to CX after I graduate.

Any answers would be highly appreciated,

TK

BigTimeWannabe
10th Feb 2003, 10:23
Hi TK,

I applied for CX cadet scheme a couple of years ago and was rejected because of my eyesight (-4.00) They have been gradually relaxing their eyesight requirement, but don't know what their exact position is now.

BTW

FREDA
10th Feb 2003, 11:13
hi, sorry to be a bit off topic here, but could you tell me where i can find more information on the CX cadet scheme? I like to think ive researched sponsorship schemes quite thouroughly (!) but i can say ive never heard of this.
thanks.
FREDA

jtr
10th Feb 2003, 11:19
Try looking at the CX website:=

p.s. CX=Cathay Pacific

FREDA
10th Feb 2003, 11:54
CX=Cathay Pacific, thats what i was looking for! :rolleyes: :=

cessna172r MSN
10th Feb 2003, 12:03
anyone knows what is the exact eyesight standard for the cx cadet scheme? For example, anyone knows the visual acurity without glasses is needed. And what kind of eye test will be carried out in cx cadet interview. Thanks a lot.:confused:

canfly
11th Feb 2003, 16:02
i heard that the lowest vision should not less than 0.5, but i am not quit sure about that