PDA

View Full Version : "Paris" Beauvais?

Localiser Green
6th Feb 2003, 21:08
I have booked a cheapie weekend in Paris flying from BHX with MyTravel Lite into Beauvais. Only £29 rtn each including tax which is pretty unbeatable.

Of course the only slight concern is that Beauvais is nowhere near Paris, but I wonder if anyone who has been before can let me know any or all of the following:

1) How long does the bus from BVA to central Paris take?
2) How much does it cost (10 Europes each way I was told)
3) Where exactly in Paris does it drop off / pick up

None of these things are made clear from the Beauvais Airport website...

Also any general experiences of MYT Lite would be welcome, know a few people who have tried it already (not to Paris) and had nothing but praise...

4321zip
6th Feb 2003, 21:21
I flew with MYT Lite to Malaga in October just after they launched, and I would probably have to say it was just a one off bad experience, but I did not enjoy the flight at all.

I just found the staff to be very rude and unhelpful, they sent our bag back to BHX rather than off-loading it in AGP (we saw it go on the plane but not off and the EuroHandling Agent did tell us the truth) and I just found the overall service pale to that of EasyJet, Go and buzz.

U/S President
6th Feb 2003, 21:38
Hi Localiser Green

1) The bus from Paris Beauvais drops off and picks up at Porte Maillot in Paris (on boulevard Gouvion St. Cyr, beside the James Joyce Pub).

2) You’re right in saying that tickets cost €10 (I guess that’s what you meant by “Europes” anyway).

3) I think the bus takes about an hour, by don’t quote me on that one.

4321zip: Give it a rest. You’ve had a whinge about your one bad experience with MyTravelLite on this forum before and most of the points you raised then were crap anyway. Get over it.

Ian Farquharson
7th Feb 2003, 12:00
A group of us flew on the inaugural BHX-BVA flight last October, flights were fine, flying time on the return leg being about 50mins.
The flight outbound was somewhat longer as fog and the lack of a decent ILS meant we had to hold for nearly an hour !!

Beauvais Airport is about 70kms from Paris, however, the very quick transit through the very small airport and coaches timed to depart after each flight arrives ensures a quick transit to central Paris, so I guess under 90 mins from landing to city centre.

Which I expect is no longer than flying to CDG etc.

The most expensive part of our day trip was the price of the beer in the bar at BVA (€6.00 a pint)

Ian

Localiser Green
7th Feb 2003, 14:40
Thanks for the responses, sounds like it will work out ok. A couple of rude staff won't bother me 4321zip, given that the total proce for 2 people at £58 is at least £100 cheaper than BA/bmi and about £50 less than comparable flights with bmibaby and easyjet.

From what I have heard of MYT Lite that is not the general experience anyway, so perhaps you hit on an off day as you mentioned.

4321zip
7th Feb 2003, 17:15
As I mentioned U/S President, it was probably just a one-off, and I did state I'd mentioned this on the forum before.
I have nothing against MYT Lite, I'm sure that the days I flew with them were just a bad experience, but I wasn't all that impressed.
Nevertheless, I am flying with them again in April to BCN, so I'll be able to check the service then.
I'm sorry that you have to take everything so personally!

Crew_MYT
7th Feb 2003, 19:55
I work for MYT/MYL at BHX, let me know when your going I may be on the flt, you will be on Airbus A320 extra legroom at rows 12 and 13. Not blowing our own trumpet but MYTLite is real good, friend\ly crew and nice clean Aircraft. If you wanna know any more drop me a line

Rgds

Crew_MYT :)

Ludo
7th Feb 2003, 20:20
Ian F, this is not quite correct. The trip Beauvais-Paris will sure take longer, depending on the time of the day too.May come up to 1.30', 2.00 hours on rush hour. Consider that from CDG you also have the option of the RER (underground) that takes you into central paris in less than 30' and for 5£. The Air France coaches do the CDG-central Paris trip in 45'-1.00 for 6£.
Orly is even closer to central Paris.

Crew_MYT
8th Feb 2003, 15:55
If you go to mytravellite.com and click on latest news there is a news article on BVA versus CDG, where reporters meet at the same point and you will see that there is only a difference in travelling time from each airport by minutes:rolleyes:

U/S President
8th Feb 2003, 20:02
Indeed. The details of the Great Airline Race (http://www.mytravellite.com/skylights/html/news_nov15.htm) can be seen here.

Ludo
9th Feb 2003, 12:44
Yeah US President, given where the info comes from it really must be reliable :rolleyes:
I have direct experience of both trips.

chippy63
10th Feb 2003, 09:58
A colleague has used Beauvais and had quite a decent experience. Apparently there is a bus for each flight, as mentioned above, which arrives at Pte Maillot 1 h 40m after landing.
Bus from Pte M to BVA is 2h 45m before takeoff.
if you want to check, Paris terminal enquiries are on +1 58 05 08 45.
BVA enquiries number is +3 44 11 46 66.
Hope you have a nice flight.