PDA

View Full Version : UK Regional Airline Relocating to SW

Yak97
6th Feb 2003, 18:21
According to advert in FI 06/02/03 a regional airline in the UK is relocating to the South West? Looking for Ops personnel

Who? Where (Exeter - Plymouth?) When?

Any info gratefuly rcvd as getting homesick

Dixie Normus
9th Feb 2003, 23:15
I have yet to see this weeks FI, but is it a company relocating or a start of a fresh operator????
Rumours have been in the SW that Sutton Harbour (owners of PLH and NQY apts) were considering the possibility of starting an operation.
Can't see it myself, but could it be part of the grand scheme of things to provide ammuntion for their supposed idea for a new airport in the area????....stranger things happen!

3 Off The Tee
10th Feb 2003, 00:04
If my sources are right then the airline you are talking
about will be the return of Brymon Airways,
with the backing of Sutton Holdings based at PLH.

DH8-300 Operation serving the PLH-NQY-LGW route
plus Channel Islands + Cork.

Brymon were a great bunch of people to work for
before BA got hold of them...best of luck to them
in their new venture.

Finally, where's Bishkek?

If you're homesick & a proper janner it must be
north of exeter ! :O

Cheers 3 Off The Tee :rolleyes:

Whispering Giant
10th Feb 2003, 01:00
MY GOD your still alive 3 off the tee - did'nt know u still existed as had'nt seen u on here for a while......

Bumped into R.J and Edgy R.N at BRS earlier today when i came back from AMS.....

:eek: :eek:

3 Off The Tee
10th Feb 2003, 01:24
Hello WG.

Yes alive & kicking here in the Sandpit..as always
trying to accumalate as much time as possible
away from my desk to get up to maximum mischief
elsewhere! :O

Were you pax or operating ex AMS?

Have you heard the same about Brymon?

Cheers 3 Off The Tee :rolleyes:

Whispering Giant
10th Feb 2003, 02:22
Don't blame you old buddy - we should all spend more time away from the desk to create maximum mischief elswhere !!!!

i was passengering back from AMS - just spent the week over there with my girlfriend and her family.;)

Yep - i had heard the same thing about Brymon and funnily enough one of the original founder's has been given the task of re-creating the airline. Malcom Naylor who then went on to Gill and when the plugged was pulled from them he came to work for us in EXT before he was head hunted to go and work for Sutton Holding's so as to head up this particular project of thier's.

nice to hear yr still alive and well over their in the sand pit.
Keep in touch old buddy..

Cheer's - Whispering giant.:cool:

Charlie Fox
10th Feb 2003, 11:52
Believe announcement will be made on February 20th re BACX routes ex PLH. New outfit to operate 8 BACX Dash 8's !!

AOG007
13th Feb 2003, 10:56
Many, Many rumours flying around reference "The Son Of Brymon", however not much confirmed. Sutton Harbour Holdings are definetly involved with a push to set up operations, and several ex Brymon staff have been contacted to try and tempt them out of retirement!!!!! (OK, from whatever jobs they took since BA shafted them!)

I'm sure with MN at the helm, and many other's from Brymon's pre BRAL/MANX era, the airline will be a success.

However? Has anyone heard if the new airline will operate as a franchise? BA flight numbers, etc? ? ? ? I believe it would help if the airline was able to operate flights on behalf of BA, even though we know BA wish to move away from this sort arrangement. Would be nice to see BA still serving the South West, and not deserting, as it has done in so many other parts of the country.

Whispering Giant / 3 Off The Tee........

Nice to see you back in action gentlemen. You have both been rather quiet of late.

AOG007

Fiction
15th Feb 2003, 09:59
Watch it you lot....Keep your hands off BRYMON,, it's mine !!!!!!

Looking at the PLH schedules last week it's pretty dismal....
NQY and LGW.

It used to be JER, GCI, ORK, NQY, LGW, BRS, NCL, CDG. and a few more.

I have loads more info.....but I'm not telling !!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

AOG007
15th Feb 2003, 22:59
So FICTION,

What's the Gen from Plymouth?

Brymon to be reborn then?

It's bound to work if they can get most of the old team back together.........

Mick Mantanto
Mandy Marchello
Dave "The Haircut" Davidson

Tell us all, oh great one! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

AOG007 :}

Whooaahh
17th Feb 2003, 13:36
3otT

I response to your earlier request... Bishkek is in Kyrghyzstan which is between Tajikistan and Kazakhstan.

Not much happening out their except for the new startup called Kyrgyz Air Limited.

Regards,
:cool: Whooaahh!!!