PDA

View Full Version : bmi in Belfast

no, no, no
6th Feb 2003, 09:31
bmi have announced this morning that they are to consolidate all their LHR-Belfast operations in to BHD, and that BFS will have new services from the new bmibaby base (still to be announced).

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/sectionhome.aspx?p=194&Rid=169

Avro Arrow
6th Feb 2003, 10:02
Predictable really.

However, if I were bmi, I wouldn't necessarily believe all the promises made by BHD management. I think bmi are up to their neck in the mire.

From the pages of this site, I have seen a litany of issues concerning incidents and problems with bmi ops at BHD. The latest occurred on Tues 4th - a problem which concerned engine oil spills from hard braking action on short runways(??).

The local residents will be really chuffed about night ops and more than 1.5m pax using the airport.....

I'm sure we hear more.

AA

eastern wiseguy
6th Feb 2003, 13:26
The noise lobby will be pleased at the "later opening" if granted!:rolleyes:....failing that hope all business is concluded in time to pick up the (awfully early) last flight from LHR

Little Blue
6th Feb 2003, 19:00
No surprise, really, although the staff have been told that there will be other bmibaby routes ex-Bfs, once the new baby base is announced.
Shame for the staff, cos there are some good loyal workers over there.
Lisa, come on over to the Hall, I'll save u a comfy chair ! ;) ;)

owc
6th Feb 2003, 19:29
No surprise, and no loss.

Where is the new baby base going to be I dont think BFS want a lo co to operate a MAN service as this will put competition on the EJ BFS - LPL route.

Take up the Hold
6th Feb 2003, 21:09
Don't think the new bmibaby base will be GLA or EDI as this will put them against EZY on these routes to BFS. LHR, MAN, GLA and EDI must be the biggest airfields without Low cost bases. No one will start up at LHR so that leaves MAN. Mind you Little Blue said other bmibaby routes so maybe the base will be BFS.

TUTH

Tower Ranger
9th Feb 2003, 01:01
AVRO
" LITANY OF ISSUES " you obviously know much more than me so enlighten us all???

WHBM
9th Feb 2003, 18:35
My experiences flying through BHD have so often been jaded by completely unacceptable waits for taxis, often over half an hour. There aren't that many people in the queue either - just no taxis available. This is in complete contrast to airports elsewhere in the UK with huge lines of taxis (but woe betide you if your journey is less than 20 miles!). Not what I expect of a "business market" airport.

As this problen does not seem to arise at BFS, it can be quicker to get into the centre of the city from there, despite the longer distance.

babydoc
9th Feb 2003, 23:05
Take up the hold

What about BOH? Now that the deal with Buzz has fallen through, you'd have thought it was tailior-made for baby. Most of the current ex EMA and CWL routes would probably work from the south coast.

With EMA already a bit of a bloodbath and CWL looking a less than inspired choice, surely BOH would be a much safer bet at this stage.