PDA

View Full Version : THE BIGGIE: How do you get a job?

the kebabman
5th Feb 2003, 19:02
Like most wannabe's it would help if I knew the best ways to get a job in this business. So what are the best ways to get an airline job? Should I (and all other wannabe's) just keep applying to all airlines and hope (just like sending a letter + CV to them), or keep an eye out for airlines advertising jobs e.g. like when easyJet advertise on this website. Any help/advice would be great, cheers. kebabman.

vicarofdibley
5th Feb 2003, 19:49
Well I was hoping that someone else would respond first, but here goes.

Firstly I would suggest if you want an airline job then you have only the one option - CTC.

However, I have found in my rather limited experience, that getting a flying job is rather similar to buying your first house. If anyone offers you anything at all, not necessarily a job but a "I know a pilot who flies for X." Then play it for all it is worth and never say no to anything.

PPJN is a great site, but the slightest whiff of a personal contact is worth a hell of a lot more.

Basically I would suggest to follow every single slightest lead, if you have friends who have friends who are pilots, give them a copy of your CV with a nice letter. They might have other friends, so why not give them a couple?

It works, trust me, I know.

Dibs