PDA

View Full Version : Human performance exam, What is it?

The viking
5th Feb 2003, 15:33
Hi,

In order to obtain a JAA ATPL, I have to take an exam in human performance. Does anyone know of a good book to read and if there is any guidance on questions that come up ? Is there sample questions anywhere ? Thanks in advance.

The Viking

GuinnessQueen
5th Feb 2003, 15:40
You could try the little blue book:

Human Factors for Pilots, written by Roger Green, Helen Muir and a few others I can't remember. It's published by Ashgate.

I can't recall it having specific exam details, but it is a very good overview of the subject and very readable. (But then I read these things for fun....maybe I need to get out more)!

GQ:8

POL.777
5th Feb 2003, 16:08
I found that feedback from earlier exams was the one thing that made me pass the exam.
Your FTO probably has some experience in this field.

bst rgds

POL

fly-half
5th Feb 2003, 19:05
I'm surprised that you would want to know about this VIKING. I only say this because your profile states you are a line pilot on the 744 (?) and with an atpl already. I think that in all honesty you are in the right forum on here at least!

I studied Human Performance for the JAA exams and it was extremely interesting but also extremely easy with minimal revision. I would offer to lend you the folder, which covers the entire JAA syllabus and everything that could be examined, but you have failed to tell us where your location is. If you are anywhere near Oxford then I would be happy to lend it to you.

The viking
5th Feb 2003, 19:32
Guys,

Thank you for the replies so far.

To Fly-half, yes I am a line pilot on the 744 with a national ATPL from a european country. I have to obtain a JAA ATPL. The authorities in their wisdom decided that in order to issue me with a JAA ATPL, I must do the human performance exam. That is why I have to do it and not by choice. Thank you for the offer. I will send you an email regarding this.

The viking