PDA

View Full Version : aer lingus

Dublinflyer
27th Mar 2001, 00:31
Anybody know if EI will be looking for cadets this year? I have also heard that some people who got to the interviews last year won't have to do the aptitude tests next time. any truth to this?

Sagey
27th Mar 2001, 02:44
I had an email a month or so ago saying that they were reviewing their cadet intake procedures and will not be recruiting until September 2001 (at the earliest)

Hope this helps

Capt Wannabe
27th Mar 2001, 18:00
I heard that they'll be recruiting some time during the summer, and anybody who past the aptitude test will go stright on to Aer Lingus, for their interview.

Dublinflyer
27th Mar 2001, 18:16
Does this mean that they will be dumping Parc? It's about time, I was interviewed by them last year and I got no further. This did not bother me too much but I asked for the letter from them that gave you feedback, one of the thinks they said was that I had no Tech aptitude. This did bother me as I have a degree in engineering!!! I know a few people with the same story.

[This message has been edited by Dublinflyer (edited 27 March 2001).]

GJB
27th Mar 2001, 18:45
Dublin

I can understand how you feel about the aptitudes, but it is down to how you perform on the day. In some cases you are graded against the other candidates on the day of testing.

I have had the 'unsuitable for pilot training' letter, then to be told that I had the right profile but wasn't in the top 3%.

Give it another go and try and prepare yourself better this time.

Good luck.

Dublinflyer
27th Mar 2001, 19:19
That's just the thing. I was told that I was in the top 3% from the aptitudes, i was called the same day by Parc and was interviewed within 2 days of that.

[This message has been edited by Dublinflyer (edited 27 March 2001).]

Patsy 001
28th Mar 2001, 03:22
Dublinflyer

I am in the same situation as yourself - I got past the aptitudes and was phoned by PARC the following day to go for an interview. I had a pretty poor interview - I hadn't read up on some technical matters (stalls, jet engines) and fell into the trap of having too much craic with the interviewer with the result of the interview being too familiar and not quite at the professional level required.

Did you have any flying experience at the time? I didn't and reckoned this was fundamental as the guy played on the line 'how do you know you want to be a pilot when you haven't gone for even a trial flight'?

Good luck anyway and maybe meet you at the group exercises at some stage of 2001 - I wish!!

Patsy

Dublinflyer
28th Mar 2001, 10:24
I had done about 10 hours flying by the time I had done the interview. I was in the states for a month working and I did it over there as it is about half the cost as Ireland. It will be interesting to see how things will be run if it is just EI running the show.

from what I have heard it's not that important to have some flying experence at the interview, but at the same time there are a lot of people who believe it is. I think the only people wo know what they want are EI!! That won't stop me applying again.

See you at the group excerise!!!

Dublinflyer
29th Mar 2001, 12:00
Even better......I'll meet you on a flight deck!!!

Now that's wishing

[This message has been edited by Dublinflyer (edited 29 March 2001).]