PDA

View Full Version : CTC - To those that didn't make the grade!

Boing7117
5th Feb 2003, 09:57
I was an unsuccessful attendee at a recent CTC Easyjet/JMC assessment day.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has received the much promised "feeback" to find out where we may have gone wrong? I was there on the 18th Jan and I've still not heard anything

On a second note, Mary or Rod didn't mention anything about applying again (but then again no-one asked!) should one be deemed unsuccessful.

Anyone prepared to shine some light on the above??

Cheers

El Thermidor
5th Feb 2003, 12:07
Feedback will be on its way, I'm sure. They do seem to be pretty busy at the moment.

However, I'm not sure what form it'll take. You should get the results of the tests, which would show you which element(s) of the tests you monkeyed up on, but I'm not sure how much it'd help. Maybe tell you which computer games to play. Maybe, if you scored "flid:=" in all categories, then it might make you think twice about your chosen path (but I doubt it, on both counts). To be fair, I'm at a bit of a loss as to what else.

As to reapplying, no. Sorry. :( As I said somewhere in the big thread, they might change their minds, but I don't know. They did say, though, that they might let one or two of the youngest applicants reapply in a few years, if they can wait that long...

soloboy
5th Feb 2003, 12:31
El T

Just be interested to know how you know that reapplying is a non-starter. As you've prob gathered I'm also a rejected candidate. I checked through CTC's site and didn't see anything on reapplying, although I could have missed it.

Just curious to know..

Ta

cortilla
5th Feb 2003, 14:24
if this is the ctc atp scheme, then you cannot reaply. if this is the ctc mcalpine scheme then i do not know.

jonnys
5th Feb 2003, 14:47
If you look back at the main thread on the CTC Mcalpine scheme in the wannabe section, there's some comments on the whole re-applying saga. As far as I remember, some guys who had been down had asked and the general concensus was that you could not, as yet, reapply for the scheme.

Check it out for more details!

Unlucky guys, don't give up on the dream. I'm going down for stage two assessment soon, any hints?

Peter Davidson
5th Feb 2003, 23:12
I was rejected at stage 2 just before Christmas and still havn't recieved any feedback in any form. Come to think of it Mary didn't give any time period so I guess they'll just do it when they have some spare time.

Johny, I think someone gave a good description of stage 2 in one of the other (long!) threads on CTC.

El Thermidor
6th Feb 2003, 09:17
soloboy:

I don't remember seeing anything on the CTC website either. Someone on my Stage 2 asked Mary, and the reply was no. That said, here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=747344#post747344) is what I had to say on the matter a fortnight ago. 1500 new applications per year is quite high. I also think the competition would be much higher in the early days of such a scheme, so if they don't change their minds, it might be worth actually waiting for a bit until the rush has died down, and they're scratching around for decent candidates.

jthall
7th Feb 2003, 11:35
well, i had selection on 1st feb - heard back on tues and the news was bad. however, i'm not dejected. i already signed up to my atpl exams starting monday. i think feedback will be a while- apparently rod does all the feedback and he is out in New Zealand now.

does anybody know whether scabair's buzz sponsorship is still on??