PDA

View Full Version : QF success?

sam711
5th Feb 2003, 05:58
Interested to find out if anyone who had been involved with the cadet scheme, or applied for the cadet scheme in the past has subsequently been successful applying direct entry (or unsuccessful). Do you think it makes it harder to get in, or does it show you've been keen for a while? Any thoughts welcome.....

grrowler
6th Feb 2003, 01:30
sam,

I was involved in the QF cadet selection process twice, both times bundled out after the final interview. I have now got my DE sim, etc coming up in March - third time lucky! I also know of a couple of others who are now in QF after doing the same. I really don't think it will either help or hinder you, unless you really stuffed it up.

Truckmasters
6th Feb 2003, 09:09
grrowler
what sort of time did you let elapse between subsequent applications (so they didn't automatically reject the next application) .

Keg
6th Feb 2003, 22:36
I know of a heap of people who didn't get in in the early '90s scheme but subsequently got in post '95 when QF started taking DE again so it happens. Admittedly, there is a five year gap in there but still possible.

grrowler
7th Feb 2003, 01:24
Truckmasters,

It was nearly exactly 12 months between each go I had at the cadet scheme, and another 12 months to DE, so 3 goes in 3 years.

General Eccentric
9th Feb 2003, 01:51
Here is a question:

How much experience is too much experience for the cadet program.....

Now i know that the Q stipulate that if you have an IR that direct entry is the only path of entry...But what about pilots that are still "eligible" for the cadet path? Is there any unwritten policy in relation to such matters or is it a case of individual merit still?

I would be most interested in knowing peoples thoughts on such matters...

GE:}

grrowler
10th Feb 2003, 05:01
GE, first time I applied for cadet I had around 300tt, just finished my IR (I think), and had all my ATPL subjects. At the time QF was only running an ab-initio programme, and I was told in the interview I should go get my hours and then come back. I got the feeling I was overqualified, but they still wanted to check me out.

Next time round, I still only had around 400tt, but as they were running the "CPL entry" programme they gave me another look in, which I quite successfully stuffed up at the interview.

I have heard of guys getting into even the ab-initio programme with around 3-400tt, guess it comes down to individual merit, and perhaps a little to your geneology ;)

grrowler

*Lancer*
13th Feb 2003, 06:16
There have been guys going through the ab-initio programme just short of their CPL, and some going through Level 2 with almost 1000 hours... none I know of had rellies. The only 'policy' is the stuff that's published about the IR - after that, it's up to you to convince them that your experience level is a positive factor!

Lancer