PDA

View Full Version : Rishworth

DownIn3Green
4th Feb 2003, 23:29
Hi All,

I'm currently being recruited by Rishworth for a Tng Capt vacancy and I will decline as the pay is very poor, however, for future reference, is this a legit company, or do they shaft their contractees?

Thanks in advance...

Chimbu chuckles
5th Feb 2003, 01:21
Nothing I've heard impressed me inordinately.

Chuck.

18-Wheeler
5th Feb 2003, 06:54
I was employed by them for two years and had no problems with them at all.
The low pay thing is only something they have to pass on from low offers from the parent airline.

They gave me my big break into the airline word, (and other friends of mine as well) so I am endebted to them for that.

DownIn3Green
5th Feb 2003, 11:00

Thanks for that.

I have no reason to believe anything bad, and I understand they can't pay what they don't get.

They're going to have a hard time getting Tng Capts for USD 4350,however, IMHO...

SniperPilot
6th Feb 2003, 03:14
18W - I am interested to know this is done (into airline). I am in GA with lots of multi piston. Do you have to have turbine time? Do you pay for a bare rating (73 75 76 etc) then get placed with an operator? Any info on your experience useful.

Ta, Sniper

18-Wheeler
6th Feb 2003, 10:48
I originally gained a 747 Classic type rating for a job with Air Hong Kong that for different reasons didn't happen.
I was with Jet.craft at the time, in mid 1997 and had I guess about 3,000 hours odd turbine time, both Metro & Citation.
The advert popped up in Friday's Australian, I think, for a job in the right seat of a 747 Classic so I wrote a nice letter to jack Priest of Rishworths and he took a chance on me that I could do the job.
A big chance - I mean, would YOU give someone with no time on a 747 a spot in the right seat imediately? I wouldn't ....
Anyway, to cut a long story short it took me nearly a year to getting the nod for the job to actually sitting in the right seat. It was rather difficult going from a Metro 2 up to a 747, with nearly a year's gap of no flying in between. It all worked out though and after a few hundred hours I started to become more comfortable in the big machine.
After about two years, the coup in Fiji occured and pretty much all the ex-pats got their marhing orders. I walked straight into Air Atlanta Icelandic, and after about a year there they offered me a command. That was due to happen in September 2001, but due to the events of that month all the training was put on hold, and I am still waiting for the upgrade.
I'm in no rush, as I'm still learning heaps from all the different people I fly with from around the world.

There was also a couple of friends that Jack also managed to get jobs for, with similar backgrounds to myself. (Though no pure jet time) One is now a Brunei 767 Captain, not sure of the others.

Jack was a d**m good guy to take that chance on me, and I am forever in his debt for taking on me.

Capt Snooze
8th Feb 2003, 03:13
DownIn3Green

Out of curiosity, what was the aircraft type?

Snooze

DownIn3Green
8th Feb 2003, 19:52
B-727...a friend of mine fwd'd a "brief" and I then made the contact and they seemed very happy, etc., sound like great folks to work with (for)...

I have contracted many times overseas and 99% of the time didn't have any probs...

The one time I did was actually with an American based company...

From what I've learned, I would happily work for Rishworth, however, under the current payscale I'm afraid I can't...

DI3G

PS-read that "can't" as exactly that (as opposed to "won't")...if my financial situation were a bit different post 9-11 I would...

Sheep Guts
11th Feb 2003, 01:49
18 Wheeler,
Nice story. He sounds like a good guy. Did you have to self sponser your rating?

I have King Air and Twotter time only. Would luva jump onto a jet. Ive just updated with Rishworth but they dont have my types on there form. :)

Regards
Sheep

P.S. Wheres Air Atlanta Icelandic based Iceland? Currently in the Carib myself.

18-Wheeler
11th Feb 2003, 05:50
Yes, I paid for the rating myself.
Yes, AAI is based in Iceland, but we have bases all over the world, eg, I am in Jeddah as I type this but two weeks ago I was in Kuala Lumpur.

Big Kahuna
15th Feb 2003, 00:40
I to, worked for Rishworth for a while. I found them to be quite good, had no problems really.

They do tend to have quite low pay, and I was a bit curious about the quite large difference between what they were paid by the airline and what I finally received.
But on the other hand I knew what I was in for.
They certainly gave me an opportunity that would otherwise not have happened.

They do require you to be type rated and will not give you much attention unless you are. JP can seem a bit uninterested, but this is just his manner. I am sure he is much more aware than the impression he gives.

Certainly give them a go. But go with your eyes open.