View Full Version : is it safe?!....

alicia
4th Feb 2003, 21:56
hello guys wondered if anyone could help me with my dilemma to go to bahrain? im just a bit worried with the war thing..will bahrain be affected? any advice would be great.thankyou!:D

mutt
5th Feb 2003, 05:02
Local newspaper reports are saying that the Bahraini's are treating this "war" completely differently to 1991. Back then they believed that Iraq was a force to be reckoned with, they therefore stockpiled food and emptied bank accounts. This time around they believe that Saddam is a spent force and haven’t bothered taking any precautions.

When are you supposed to start? Keep a positive open mind, and watch what develops.

Good Luck.

Mutt. :cool:

Nightrider
5th Feb 2003, 13:33
Cannot agree more...just tell me any safe place on this planet these days..
With all the preparation and setup one can watch on the daily news, I doubt that the south or south-easterly direction from Bagdad will see any problems at all.
As for Bahrain, there is still business as usual here and it does not look like as anyone bothers too much with the possible military action being a safety threat here.

taba
5th Feb 2003, 17:38
life generally goes on! companies will have contingency plans and will look after their employees...so go for it and as mutt says be positive!