PDA

View Full Version : wordpad save as?

tony draper
4th Feb 2003, 18:27
Daft question, is there any way I can look at the titles of all documents I have saved in wordpad?.
I saved a url on wordpad and now I cannot remember what title I saved it as,common thing with draper these days.
I know it started with RAF, but I cannot remember what the second word was ie page ,website ect.
I seem to recal in dos the switch*.* could be used to open all docs with a particular title.
I tried that and the machine just froze.
All these documents must be saved somewhere?

RadarContact
4th Feb 2003, 19:03
If it has RAF in the title/filename somewhere, try a search for *raf*.doc or *raf*.rtf. Those are the two file formats WordPad usually saves to.

Searching for *.* would display every single file on your machine, a task that might turn out to be too much even for your... errr... data processing device. (Sorry, just seen the pic of your machine in another thread... ;) )

Tinstaafl
5th Feb 2003, 01:09
Or use

*.RTF

*.DOC

*.TXT

as your search string(s) if you have no idea what name you gave it.

25F
5th Feb 2003, 03:12
Tony, it helps to say what OS you are using.
In Windows 9x Exporer, the Tools menu has Find -> Files on it. Using the date tab can narrow it down if you know *when* you saved it, and so on.

tony draper
5th Feb 2003, 11:26
Thank you peeps Drapes managed to find the doc.
Err, another prob has arisen, the url was for a RAF website and Drapes downloaded a vid clip of low flying from same.
This has downloaded to my desktop, but will not open ,at least media will not open it.
It is in one of those files the little icon of which is a white page with the top right hand corner tuned down and the windows flag on it, sorry do not know the names of the different file types.
This was a 9.6 meg file and took a while to download so drapes is a bit peeved, why has this clip downloaded like that and not in the normal media player vid clip type file? anybody got any idea.
Drapes is using win 98 did not download with gozilla.

RadarContact
5th Feb 2003, 14:15
What's the URL of the page you downloaded it from and the URL of the video file itself. Can you rightclick the file on your desktop and give the extension (the bit after the point), maybe it's only a file format not supported by your machine (like quicktime, RealPlayer, etc.)

What_does_this_button_do?
9th Feb 2003, 20:48
TD: load Windows Media Player 9 - it has lots of codec installed (that's the decoders) so is your best bet for it to play.

B