PDA

View Full Version : Got a job

Leo8
4th Feb 2003, 17:54
About 6 weeks ago I posted a message asking for contact details for Airlines. I got two usefull replies and several telling me to apply for jobs at Burger King and McDonalds. Not helpful at all! Well, that was not neccesary. I received a job offer flying a decent sized a/c less than 24hours after passing my CPL skill test. So, thanks for all those replies in the past!!! HaHaHa!!!

Penworth
4th Feb 2003, 19:34
Well done Leo. Its reassuring to hear low hours people are still being hired. Hopefully will be joining you someday...

Ops! I did it again
4th Feb 2003, 20:07
Well done dude!!!

Who did you get a job with and what are ya flyin???

JOSHUA
5th Feb 2003, 10:53
Congrats Leo8 - makes the hard slog worth it! Beats working at McDonalds, Burger King or the local cinema!
;)

N2334M
5th Feb 2003, 11:02
I am also interested in finding an airlines/operators list.
The one you mentioned in the message, is it an XLS file or what ?
Could you give me some directions where I could find something ?

Thank you !

Jelly Doughnut
5th Feb 2003, 14:36
Congrats Leo..... what are you flying and where?

Cheers and fly safe...
JD

Leo8
5th Feb 2003, 18:07
I got the contacts from another ppruner. Send me your email address I should be able to forward it on to you. Also check www.ppjn.com
Very useful info. All the best!

wingbar
8th Feb 2003, 16:45
Hi there very pleasing to hear that news, just recently completed my Atpl groundschool at Cabair but I am still wrestling on with a few exams (Nav) especially!
It's nice to see that there could be light at the end of the gloomy tunnel!

Sean

cortilla
10th Feb 2003, 12:03
leo,
check your private messages, and well done on getting a job!!
could you send me that e-mail with the useful info to [email protected]

G-SPOTs Lost
10th Feb 2003, 18:30
Congratulations

However am I correct in assuming that you dont have an IR, therefore exactly what type of flying are you doing and as somebody asked before what on?

Go on tell us, theres no point coming on and saying "ner ner ner ner ner" and then going all shy on us....

Dont be embarassed tell us what on, is it Paradropping? or is it non-airways cargo???? ;)

OBK!
10th Feb 2003, 18:56
Leo8, congrats my friend.

You can tell em or keep it to yourself, personally, after the crap you got in terms of "advice", tell em all to sod off to the local McDonalds/Burger King branch and fill in an application.

You deserve it mate, good luck with the new job.

Go-Around
11th Feb 2003, 13:20
Why is Leo not giving the details away? Just a wind up?

worzel
11th Feb 2003, 16:40
Leo8

I think you should be ashamed of yourself. You came onto this site and asked the question

Who should I apply to for my first job?
Well, what a stupid question. You had two pages of responses telling you the obvious, apply to everyone, you also had some good advice from a lot of experienced pilots who were willing to assist YOU in getting that first job.

OK, a couple told you that McDonalds were recruiting, but if you cant take a bit of banter then I fear you’ve chosen the wrong career.

To now come back on here and say HAHA I’ve got a job and you haven’t, isn’t quite getting into the spirit of things. As someone who has been looking for a job for over two years now, I have noticed that the people who will give up their time and expertise to help a wannabe are few and far between. I feel they deserve a bit more appreciation.

If you do have a job now, congratulations. (You may wish to update your profile, it says PPL/IR current on C310.) It would be appreciated by many here if you could provide some more information as to how you got it, what its on etc. You don’t need to tell us everything, but we might be able to work out where we’re going wrong.

If you don’t have a job, well, its just another stupid post.

worzel

GonvilleBromhead
12th Feb 2003, 07:08
Well said Worzel, they've been my thoughts exactly as I read this thread.