PDA

View Full Version : helicopter pilots wives

coning angel
4th Feb 2003, 07:50
Having read many of the Rotorheads posts over my husbands shoulder the last year or so, I was wondering how many other wives are ignored at the expense of this forum?
Okay so I don't particularly enjoy flying and sometimes fail to see the fascination with helicopters, but are all rotorheads as mad about helicopters as my other half?

ps hope the name is okay as it took a while to look up some technical terms in all of the bloody books we have!!

Ascend Charlie
4th Feb 2003, 07:59
Coning Angel, you might find that because of our all-consuming obsession with our work, there are a lot more EX-wives out there than you would expect.

We often fall victim to AIDS - Aviation-Induced Divorce Syndrome.

Just let him retreat to his cave to play with his computer, and he will emerge a happier boy.:cool:

rotorboater
4th Feb 2003, 11:27
Coning Angel, As a wife, you should know some of the basic things,

1, Helicopter flying is just a method of getting around and we don't really enjoy it, its just a business tool.
2, It dosn't cost that much to fly.
3, Learing to fly helicopters is similar in cost to getting your hair done.
4, Flying keeps us off the golf course and is far cheaper.

So I hope you belive all of the above, My wife does (well sort of)!

The Nr Fairy
4th Feb 2003, 16:32
Phew. Coning Angel's profile says she's a teacher. Rules out my missus !

LordGrumpy
4th Feb 2003, 18:36
The whole point of an engine, is to keep you off the golf course:O

GLSNightPilot
4th Feb 2003, 22:32
As I tell my wife when she accuses me of loving the computer more than I do her:

I could ignore her from lots of other places - a bar, another woman's apartment, the golf course, or wherever. At least I'm home when I'm home, & she can keep an eye on me.

The problem is when I'm gone, which is more than half the time. We've managed to work it out - I trust her, & she trusts me. We're working on 30 years together, & it looks like we'll make it. IME, one of the most important things in any marriage is tolerance. We both do things that annoy the other, but we tolerate them, because those things aren't as important as staying on friendly terms. During the first years of our marriage, when we were both trying to change each other, it was more difficult, but we eventually got past that. If you love him, & want to stay married, learn to tolerate some of the things he does, & be thankful he doesn't do worse. Of course, he must do the same.

psyclic
5th Feb 2003, 07:15
Nr: So she's a teacher! Caning Angel. Hmmmm.

Corr
5th Feb 2003, 07:26
Coning angel
From one helicopter wife to another a word or two of advice... if you can't beat them ... join them ! By all means have a life of your own (because you will definitely need one) but learn more about the whirly birds and get a set of duals and go for a fly ! Its great !

Have a career that is as international as the aviation world and you have got it sorted !

Happy Landing !
6th Feb 2003, 11:27
On day's I dont fly.......
My other half has a saying:

"Some mornings I wake up Grumpy"

"Then some mornings - I LET HIM SLEEP IN !"

Have a heart girls - we let you play with your toys.

;)

Old Man Rotor
6th Feb 2003, 12:50
AIDS...........?

In a simple little totally unscientific observation..........our group has less "AIDS" than the broader population..........????

So maybe "AIDS" is just a cop out for the ones that don't [can't] keep it all together.

Reciting a colleague of mine.......

1. What are the two similarities between a wife and a computer???

No wonder he has "AIDS"

Ascend Charlie
6th Feb 2003, 20:58
Old man Rotor asks:

1. What are the two similarities between a wife and a computer???

Does the answer have anything to do with a 3 1/2" floppy? or the rate at which one of them goes down? Or how hard one is to turn on and get it to do what you want?

As far as divorce statistics go, in my last company, every person there had been through a divorce at some stage, including 5 pilots, the secretary, the sales manager and even the gardener. I was the last to join the club, having lasted 27 years.

But this was a light-hearted posting, so please keep the moralising out of it.

What is the real answer to your joke?

Speaking of jokes, it is a long time since any new ones were posted on the "Humour" section - Mr Moderator?

Dantruck
6th Feb 2003, 21:15
Why helicopters are better than women...
1...Helicopters come with manuals.
2...Helicopters don't mind it if you fly other helicopters.
3...Helicopters don't mind if you use tie-downs.
4...Helicopters don't mind if you read helicopter magazines.
5...er...that's it!

LordGrumpy
6th Feb 2003, 22:29
WONT COMPLAIN IF YOU ARRIVE HOME LATE

pa42
7th Feb 2003, 02:47
ConingAngel:

Sorry to report that it's not the helicopter, it's the fundamental brain structure.

BUT, compared to some things obsessive persons get into, it's far preferable; compare heliaddiction with, for instance, bank robbing, car stealing, mercenary soldiering, ambulance chasing, or (gasp!) being a politician!

So if it wasn't helis, it would be something else. His personality was damaged in childhood (mom was terrorized by a low-flying chopper, perhaps?), and they've closed all the mental hospitals, so there's very little you can do. Try wearing a beanie with a rotor on the top, hover around the bedroom wearing nothing else, possibly he'll notice you.

(I'm visiting with my preschool grandkids while putting my son-in-law through his Instrument Rating. My daughter his wife keeps taking me aside and fiercely whispering "I don't mind his being all wrapped up in this training. What scares me is, what is he going to take up NEXT??")

Vfrpilotpb
9th Feb 2003, 07:32
Sorry chaps, er Chapess'es

Thought this was going to be like " Readers Wifes", silly me:=

SASless
9th Feb 2003, 12:29
I will trade a computer for a wife any day....she has a tongue that is sharp as a razor, weighs 90 pounds from the elbow out, has a left hook that could break Killer McPike's jaw, has more tattoo's than a Master Chief Bosun's Mate, and chews tobacco while dipping snuff. Send photo of computer please.

Old Man Rotor
10th Feb 2003, 08:00
Sasless you Wimp.............

Bet a bucket of $$$ that your Mrs does'nt visit here........

jellycopter
11th Feb 2003, 16:04
* A helicopter will kill you quickly ... A woman takes her time

* Helicopters Don't Take Forever To Warm Up.

* Helicopters Can Be Turned On By The Flick Of A Switch, or the push of a button.

* A Helicopter's Thrust To Weight Ratio Is Higher.

* A Helicopter Does Not Get Mad If You Do A "Touch And Go".

* You Can Calculate The Performance Of A Helicopter before you get in.

* A Helicopter Is Easy To Roll Over.

* You Can Still Turn On A Fifty Year Old Helicopter.

* A Helicopter Doesn't Object To A Preflight Inspection.

* Helicopters Have Strict Weight limits.

* You Can Fly A Helicopter Any Time Of The Month.

* Helicopters Don't Start Whining Unless Something Is Really Wrong.

* You Can Share Your Helicopter With Your Friends.

* If Your Helicopter Smokes, You Can Do Something About It.

* Helicopters Don't Care About How Many Other Helicopters You've Flown.

* You Don't Have To Be Jealous Of The Guy That Works On Your Helicopter.

* Your Parents Don't Remain In Touch With Your Old Helicopter After You Get Rid Of It.

J

moosp
11th Feb 2003, 22:47
ROLF :D :D :D

Page forwarded to Mrs moosp.

Awaiting incoming...