PDA

View Full Version : Flybe Interviews

er82
4th Feb 2003, 07:19
Rumous has it that Flybe were interviewing last week. Can anyone confirm? And if you did have an interview, have they told you any expected start dates or bases?

AMEX
4th Feb 2003, 10:51
They were but it was for a (1 only but I could be wrong) Direct Entry Command position.

Edited because I thought I should add the the 4 FOs have been interviewed at the beginning of January for a start date on the the 27th of Jan.

Go-Around
4th Feb 2003, 10:55
Did hear that 4 FOs were taken on, low hours, 509ers.
The catch - all JER based.

Duck-U-Suckerz
4th Feb 2003, 12:51
I know an Exeter Based Dash-8 Skipper,
he's just told me they have lost untold jockeys to Easy Jet,
Including his Number One.
So somethings got to give!:O

Pro Spin
4th Feb 2003, 14:05
flybe definitely were holding interviews last week - I was fortunate enough to have one! I believe that there were about 13 interviews in total...

They are recruiting first officers for a holding pool, and hints were made that successful applicants will start Dash 8 type ratings in 2-4 months time (once the bases and aircraft allocations had been finalised).

Suggestions were that Belfast would be the most likely base for new recruits, and there was no mention of Jersey - I don't have any residency rights there so I don't think I'm allowed to work in Jersey anyway...

Cheers

PS.

KitKatPacificuk
4th Feb 2003, 16:15
How long ago did you apply for Flybe and how many hours do you have?

Pro Spin
4th Feb 2003, 16:33
I submitted the most recent application just before Xmas (by email).

I've currently got 400 hours and an integrated CPL/IR.

PS.

Artificial Horizon
4th Feb 2003, 16:36
I can confirm that there has been some flybe recruitment recently, I know of atleast 8 simulator assesments that have just been done for dash 8 f/o positions. There will be a course run in approx. 3 months time as there are 5 FlyBe cadets due to finish thier flight training within the next 6 weeks. Once they are all finished the courses will be run.:)

er82
4th Feb 2003, 18:31
I had an interview in Jan. Followed by a sim check on. Hadn't heard anything which was why I posted the original message.

Have heard of a number of people being offered jobs. Not sure how many but things are looking good. And not sure of the bases either.

I got offered a job today - a huge sigh of relief!

Duck-U-Suckerz
5th Feb 2003, 09:15
:O er82

Well done!
Can you tell us more about the interview and sim ride, whats the drill?

Please tell us about your Hours and Training thus far?

Go-Around
5th Feb 2003, 12:27
Pro Spin & er82,
If you don't mind me asking when and where did you train?
Well done btw! At least someone's getting through!
GA

Sir Donald
6th Feb 2003, 00:53
I wrote to FlyBe in September, December 2002 and Jan 2003, i received the same response on each occasion'' We are not recruiting at present however Call again in 6 months''. What is that all about then? I have over a 1000 hrs and all the JAR bits.
Appreciate any info and good luck with the training to the guys that were selected.
SD.

MAX
6th Feb 2003, 06:37
Who knows with this mob?? I recieved a phone call from DD even though I didnt send a form, he said he had me on the books and would be phoning when recruitment started. 2 weeks later I know 3 guys being interviewed and not a word.:eek: I wonder why he bothered.

Also work with someone who was successfull with int./sim but the powers that 'be' forgot to tell him. Ooops. When they finally got round to it the ship had sailed. :}

Funny stuff.

MAX:cool:

Splat
6th Feb 2003, 06:42
Sir Donald,

Same experience in my case, 1400 hours and same reply.

Splat

foghorn
6th Feb 2003, 12:46
Got a rejection letter through this morning.

The last time I sent them a CV was before Christmas and I have already got a letter back for that.

Maybe they've done a full trawl through their pilot db for the current intake, and that triggered the rejection? Who knows.

At least they do write back.

CaptAirProx
7th Feb 2003, 08:01
Go-around, you were not lied to.

I work for flybe, and I confronted the manager of turboprops regarding this recruitment of four people earlier last month. They did need 4 for the Channel Islands.

They have indeed since interviewed and taken on several pilots for the Dash starting end of this month. I guess they manybe more as fleet development plans are just about to be announced.

MAX, with regard to your applications with flybe, I understand you predicament. I believe it is often not what you know but who you know that makes the difference. It certainly helped with two guys that had interviews in Jan for the mob.

Here's hoping that we (flybe) need more of you guys shorlty as plans for the demise of buzz sound promising. But I won't hold my breath!

Jump Complete
7th Feb 2003, 08:36
SirDonald and Splat
I got the same letter (I've got 1000 hours TT, flying regualy in GA)
As has been said, at least they reply.
CaptAirProx Thanks for that, I hope your right!

witchdoctor
7th Feb 2003, 09:50
It's all very interesting. Spoke to DD only last week and the latest was that flybe were disposing of 4 a/c and didn't envisage any further recruitment this year due to a number of cadets and low hours guys already on the books. Minimum requirements were 1000 hrs TT, but no specified breakdown of experience.

Congrats to the guys who are in, and chin up to the guys who aren't. It's a crazy world out there and you never know what tomorrow might bring.

Sir Donald
7th Feb 2003, 10:22
More rejection letters, maybe.
Not enough multi crew/turbine/jet time, don't know anybody inside (please read my story in the BA recruitment (internal)thread in the Terms and Endearment forum),no money in the bank to pay for a type,......................Hmmm, whats next?
Good luck to every one in this ever-changing environment.
The Don.:D

beauport potato man
8th Feb 2003, 09:15
just wanted to correct an earlier post.....

i'm on the course that started on Jan 27th on the Dash 8 and it isn't just Channel Islands people on it.

2 are JER based, 1 GCI based and 1 EXT based.

I know therefore that 3/4's are from the islands but the recruitment is not just confined to those with residency.........

Much interviewing has been going on, there are courses starting in Toronto and Exeter soon..... and not all for the islands.

Thought er82 would have known that.....>!!!???

BPM

PS - nice to have you back MAX.... will be in touch.

rymes
9th Feb 2003, 12:24
can someone tell me what is expected in the interviews sand the sim rides? who are the interviews being held with and what sort of technical questions are being asked? are the sim rides still being done on the frasca sims at cabair or are they on something else.

CaptAirProx
12th Feb 2003, 14:53
Beauport..............you are very correct. That was your course, and the one starting on 24th Feb is likely to be anyone but the channel islands.

Your course was just the standard filling up of spaces that was needed. The next batch are for the foreseen expansion come spring one would imagine.

Heres hoping, we need more young blood!