PDA

View Full Version : Accomodation in YPKU

Got Him YES!!!
3rd Feb 2003, 22:10
I am arriving in Kununurra early March and planning, initially,to stay at the backpackers (rang backpackers without revealing identity and straight away he asked me if i was a pilot. They must be thick on the ground up there) but was wondering if there is anyone that is already established that would need to cover rent and needs a flatmate.
Any leads or tips would be appreciated.

topend3
3rd Feb 2003, 23:07
do a web search for KIMBERLY ECHO - the local rag's website, you can search classifieds, always people looking for housemates as rent is so freaking expensive, and you can put your own ad in there too, you shouldn't have too much problem finding someone, shake a tree and 50 pilots fall out...:O

OpsNormal
4th Feb 2003, 10:24
Kona Lakeside caravan park is perhaps an option for ya if the $$ are tight. The fishing off the seaplane wharf ain't all that good, but just down the road past the airport where you ain't allowed to it is more than just OK! :}

Do a search using "Kununurra", www.yellowpages.com.au , and search there might pick-up something cheap.

Failing that, try a search on real estate agents.:cool:

batch
7th Feb 2003, 02:40
Gday Ops Normal,

Ah yes Kona Lakeside Caravan Park, i want to be!
Geez them were the good old days, how are things in the centre, glad to be back? All the best

OpsNormal
8th Feb 2003, 01:30
Ah now the memories come flooding back batch...... The insects, the frogs, the freshie crocs, and a 'van that leaked like a sieve at the tail end of the wet...... :}

Ah, who could forget those evening beers out there on the little pontoon on the lake, fishing and watching the thunderies over to the south and west, while listening to the dull roar of airconditioners in the background...... Ah yes, them wuz tha dayz!

Going gangbusters since getting back, haven't had time to scratch meself..... Got a nice place, with a huge a/cond! :}

You'd almost be due to head back up home to the big town now?

Rgds,
OpsN

Northern Chique
9th Feb 2003, 12:30
Ahhhhh the memories.... :p :) :D

*picks up a stollies and drinks to the memories of Kununurra and all the friendships*

Had my own live entertainment nearly every night on the parkway (Messmate Way)...

Had my place for $180 per week, 2 bed fully furnished from 1997 to 2000. Had a great carport for keg parties too!

Fishing off the rock bar below the dam... (I wasnt there !!! honest....) the fish from there are top eating. Hey guys is the fish munching water monitor still pinching bait off the lines?

The rocks have a couple of natural seats and holes just right for a few drinks! :p

Lifestyle was great! Easy to find someone to share with pretty quickly... theres always a heap of notices on the coles notice board.

And anyone driving through Tennant Creek, I can vouch for the Tennant Creek Pub.... The place isnt quite as scarey as it looks.... Email if youre coming through, Im always looking for an excuse for a drink!.... Kununurra habits die hard!

Got Him YES!!!
10th Feb 2003, 02:36
Thanks all. Just gives me a point in the right direction.

OpsNormal
10th Feb 2003, 08:42
N_C, might be at TNK on friday for a medical while waiting for pax. Will advise after possible arrangements tomorrow.... :}

Regards,
DH.

OpsNormal
11th Feb 2003, 08:31
N_C, PM sent..... :}