PDA

View Full Version : Airline Requirements

p.savage
3rd Feb 2003, 17:36
Hi folks.

Don't you think it would be beneficial to all the newly qualified and wannabe pilots if we compiled a list of all the major UK and European airlines pilot minimums? It would help me for sure!

So, lets see who can add the the list.

I'll go first: ( Don't forget to add any additional points like type rating required etc)

easyJet (obviously)
Air Transport Pilots Licence (or frozen ATPL) (UK or JAA)
Class 1 Medical
The ability to work and reside in the EU or Switzerland depending upon your base preference
Under 60 years of age (our current retirement age is 60 due to French airspace regulations)

Senior First Officers (SFO's) have an unfrozen ATPL with a minimum of 1500 hours total time, with a portion of that time being on heavy turboprops or medium to heavy commercial jets.

Now, its your turn!

Heres a list to help us a bit. (In no particular order)

British Airways
Virgin
Air 2000
Britannia
Monarch
My Travel
My Travel Lite
Fly Be British European
BA CitiExpress
Ryanair
Bmi British Midland
Aer Lingus
Titan Airways
Futura
Spanair
Excel Airways
Thomas Cook
-Any others not listed.

I hope this tread works, it would be a god send to have it all in one place. It would also be great if you could specify if they recruit low hour pilots.

Good luck
Paul

flyingviking
3rd Feb 2003, 17:48
Check this site:

http://www.ppjn.com

Good luck

p.savage
3rd Feb 2003, 18:25
Excellent site.

Thanks.

:O

CaesarAgustus
3rd Feb 2003, 20:04
Hi Paul hows things,Firstly I am an Aer Lingus cadet who is still awaiting the call from them to go back,I graduated from Oxford Air Training last March so I have been out of work flying wise since then.I would'nt bother trying them as it doesnt look as if myself and the 30 or so other cadets will be back anyway soon.
Reckon you should try CTC if ye have a frozen ATPL as they supply low hours guys to most of the UK airlines.

Halfbaked_Boy
3rd Feb 2003, 21:16
How's about EasyJet? They seem pretty respectable :)

Edit: Oops, sorry; didn't see it was there already lol and perhaps the most apparent one :D