PDA

View Full Version : be married in the USA and fly a jet!

ronchonner
25th Mar 2001, 21:48
hello,
any single EU citizen should come to the USA, convert their licenses to an FAA lic.Find a nice US citizen and you will get the right to fly for a national/regional airline...
so what do you wait?

Flare_you_fool!
25th Mar 2001, 22:21
Ronnie old boy,
In the 8 years or so that you have been here why haven't you done this?
Lets face it you are absolutely correct.
Perhaps we could have answers on a postcard.
Regards
FYF

------------------
Oh no,not again!

Hot&Heavy
26th Mar 2001, 07:27
Not sure if this thread should even be dignified with a response.

Plus, if only it was that easy....! The INS will probably be on your back for years if you get married suspiciously quickly after arrival and I hear that if you chuck the seppo cow within 7 years you lose your citizenship anyway.

Ain't worth the sweat.

ronchonner
26th Mar 2001, 21:13
well that s true, the INS says that 50% of marriage done by foreigners are for the GC9green card).
but...even if you don t get the GC, u stay married, and you keep your work permit.
INS does nt have so much power if you are married with a US citizen...
my friends are married (white marriage) and fly for ailines.problem:US Women are fat and ugly!

Mongoose
27th Mar 2001, 01:02
Well so much for political correctness, racial and sexual sensitivity.

WWW, does PPRuNe consider this to be acceptable?

M

Flare_you_fool!
27th Mar 2001, 01:44
Ronnie,
Well with the finesse and style you display on the board and your attitude to women I think you answered my question.
Regards
FYF(green card holder)
P.S I'll let the wife know you think she's fat and ugly. :)

Cyclic Hotline
27th Mar 2001, 02:51
For any of you unfamiliar with ronchonner, his name is a direct translation of Waanker from French.

ronchonner is the European equivalent of George Costanza, the Seinfeld character, who epitomised everything regarding personal failure.

For any of you who are unfamiliar with the life of ronchonner, let me give you a brief run-down of his life so far (these are all from his own account!).

He is a failing pilot, who despite spending the better part of a decade and substantial sums of money learning to fly and build some hours in the US; whilst employed illegally, flying unairworthy aircraft and working for a pittance, has now found himself unemployable with an FAA licence, that he believes should be converted at the expense of his home Government.

The JAA (as well, most likely the FAA), are picking on him and creating difficulty for him, as he is one of human-kinds great aviation personalities and assets.

He has considered the possibility of marrying a US citizen, as the easy option to securing a jet job, but has found that he is unable to pick up chicks. (Maybe they all think HE is fat and ugly?)

Of course, it is quite apparent from his commentary on his life, that not one single issue that he has reflected upon may be a direct response to HIS attitude, capability and potential!

Did I miss anything? ;)

Dhlawrence
27th Mar 2001, 06:01
Thankyou cyclic,

Is he really that bad....you make him sound like a disaster!?!

I know the oprah (opera) winfrey show is on general release but to keep a fat bird for 2 seasons really would be extravagant.....Maybe he should try raise the required cash thataway....

RVR800
27th Mar 2001, 16:29
I think Ronchonner is a great character

I liked his previous post about only
seeing his bed two nights a week and
his comments on the Frozen Nestle JAA
ATP !!

He has a certain style

Hubinator
27th Mar 2001, 16:32
Hmmmmmm, It was my understanding that if your marry a shanky ho over there, that you just get the right to keep your arse in the country, and that you still have to apply for a work permit anyway.... perhaps im wrong... though my brother is in that boat atta mo........

p.s lol@ fat & ugly :)

HomerSimpson
27th Mar 2001, 16:53
Girls, Girls, Girls...

I thought this forum was to give hope and inspiration to pilots who work their way up the ladder. People will make their own way in aviation, eveyone is different.
If Ronchonner wants to do this well its his choice (just dont pick a fat bird Ron!). As for Psyco Hotline - whos says your Mr Perfect and have you done eveything by the book? This forum is about constructive comments, not to rip a piece out of people for putting their ideas down for others. If you want that move to Jet Blast - I'm sure you would meet your match. :rolleyes:

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

PPRuNe Towers
27th Mar 2001, 17:50
Homer,

CH's post crossed with something I'd been writing so I binned it.

I've no argument with your overall views on how the place should be but a search on posts by ron (those that haven't been deleted that is) will show the reasons why Cyclic Hotline felt the need to precis the master's words before they were lost to posterity.

Danny and I have, over more than five years of running the site, been amazed and humbled at the contributions to PPRuNe from people writing in what is their second, third or fourth language. We, so far, have found little use for Scouse, Welsh and Hebrew in our work as pilots. Therefore we're doubly honoured that they see the site as being worthwhile contributing to on a continuing basis despite now having clone sites in their own mother tongue.

However, ronchonner has walked the tightrope here since his very first post and has so far survived mainly because we are permanently aghast at his incredible, and so far unmatched, ability to produce rude, self centred, ego driven drivel of the highest order.

We are in awe at his ability and odds are rapidly shortening that he will receive an award at the June bash. Forwarding the concept of free speech with zero content is radical, maybe dangerous but even we elderly, out of touch dullards here at the Towers know when we see the way forward for this and many other similar sites.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 27 March 2001).]

v1rotate
27th Mar 2001, 18:59
Cyclic Hotline,

Leave George Costanza out of this!

------------------
"Jerry, just remember, it's NOT a LIE if YOU believe it." - George Costanza

HomerSimpson
27th Mar 2001, 20:36
PPRUNE TOWERS,

From your post I guess that Ron is not held in high respects at the Towers. However, I do feel that in a forum such as wannabees and others alike, they should be reserved for help and constructive critism. Public slating should be reserved for Jet Blast, or alternatively the June Bash. See you there! ;)

Homer

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Delta Wun-Wun
27th Mar 2001, 21:22
I notice on Ronchonners profile that his occupation is a pilot,I would suggest that his main employment is as a WIND UP MERCHANT.The best way to deal with his posts is to ignore them and not bother rising to the bait. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

herniair
27th Mar 2001, 22:17
Despite the vicious and vile aspects of some ronchonner-ing here, the owner's head is so obviously odd that no-one, except those with their own 'problems', could be genuinely upset by what is calculated to be appear crazy or no more than a wind-up. There is hard (and soft!) evidence that US citizens are, typically and often grossly, overweight and, as most men would have to marry a woman, the description 'fat' is not unreasonable. It would be equally true of American blokes. Beauty, or Ugly, is just a matter of opinion.
On balance, I agree with the PAA decision not to pull his posting but don't know why they felt it necessary to single out Welsh (fashionable bigotry?) and Hebrew (traditional code for anti-semitism).
Scouse is not a language or race but, rather a dish, dialect or accent which, like its users, needs no defence.

PPRuNe Towers
27th Mar 2001, 23:23
herniair,

Scouse is the language of us here at the Towers as well as a favourite meal. Lob scouse by preference but blind scouse by the end of the month when pay day beckons.

The reference to Welsh and Hebrew is quite genuine and refers to the second languages spoken here. During my early years in Canada speaking the Welsh language afforded a delightful privacy which the military now like to use in some radio communications.

Those languages were mentioned solely because we greatly admire those who write here in other than their own tongue. There was no other inference intended and I apologise if anyone else came to the conclusion it was some sort of dig. However, the rest of the post was.

------------------
Regards from the Towers
[email protected]