PDA

View Full Version : Qantas and ACTIVE CONSIDERATION

BUSTACLOUD
3rd Feb 2003, 13:16
Hi ALL

Just a question about waiting time after the last stage of recruitment process with Qantas.

I have recently just completed the medical and have finished all the recruitment process for Qantas. When i returned back to Europe 4 days later they had already started to contact my references and a day later had a letter saying i am under ACTIVE CONSIDERATION blah blah blah and after my ref checks there will be an overview of my file by higher management before a possible offer being made.

My Question is "how long does it take from the last reference check until something more definate is known ie possible course date?"

Cheers in advance for any replies!!

:p :cool: :} :p

Boomerang
7th Feb 2003, 10:55
Busta,

I am not sure if I was in the same boat but here goes...

Finished the whole process and told to expect word in a few weeks, 5 weeks later I called and "my file was in with management" for review or something along those lines. 5 weeks after that an "application was found not to be competitive" letter. So all up about 2 months after the medical. I sincerely hope you have more luck.

I have not been told I can not reapply, nor given a reapply date since they do not see a future date at which my app. will become competitive, go figure :=

WhiteRat Wannabe
11th Feb 2003, 07:14
Busta, i've got a QF interview in a couple of weeks, could you give me the low down on your sim and final interview (time lengths, questions etc). Well done for getting so far, i hope you get a call soon!!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
WRW:O