PDA

View Full Version : Interlining...A.N.Z. and Quantas

Shore Guy
3rd Feb 2003, 10:45
All,
I'm a U.S. based airline guy and wondering if either Air New Zealand or Quantas have an interline department. And does anyone know if either offers travel for "companions of" or positive space?

Thanks in advance.

Shore Guy

Dogbreath
3rd Feb 2003, 23:40
You're probably better off going through your own airlines' staff travel department and letting them do all the dirty work for you.
As far as companion travel is concerned, Qantas is fairly rigid. It's usually limited to your spouse and children up to 21 years of age on a sub load basis.

Regards.:p

Shore Guy
4th Feb 2003, 03:55
Thanks, dogbreath...

Just talked to a travel agent this afternoon and because of the crowds for the A.C., looks like I'm going to just have to buy a couple tickets...everything is full.

clearone
5th Feb 2003, 09:00
"Aircraft is full and so is the Captain!!!"

Sorry Chaps couldnt help myself.

Isnt the Ticket still only half price??

harrowing
5th Feb 2003, 13:14
This site may help:
http://www.travelclub.com.au/BTC/
Although it is probably more for people in the industry rather than aircrew.
http://www.tidd.com.au/ could also help for accommodation.
You should be able to get ID90 (subload) with QANTAS as most of the majors have reciprocal agreements. Just hope your travel times are a little flexible though, as flights can be pretty full and your priority would be fairly low.
As dogbreath suggested, try your staff travel department and check on the list of interline agreements. You will generally need your (paid) coupons pre-arranged.

I have travelled a few times within the USA on jump seat privileges. Some airlines had a great policy that the number of jumpseat riders was equal to the number of spare seats down the back! It was a great way to go, unfortunately we do not offer the same here. However the FAA and CASA have tightened up the rules dramatically since 911.

Hope this helps, good luck and enjoy your visit to Aus.

Shore Guy
7th Feb 2003, 05:05
Thanks, one and all....I may use the interline information once in NZ...my lady friend and I just booked a tour deal for little more than the price of a ticket.

Thanks once again for everyone's help.