PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Buys ATR 42-320's !!!

Capt. Horatio Slappy !!
2nd Feb 2003, 22:56
Great news for me !!!! Also good news for folks maybe looking to get into freight-dogging.
Fedex has aquired the first of 8 ATR 42-320's from Continental Express to supplement their feeder operations.
Total aircraft to be aquired is as yet unknown although unsubstantiated rumours indicate a significant number over the existing fleet of Fokker F-27's will be purchased.
The F-27 of which Fedex owns around 36 aicraft and who's operation thereof is shared between 2 companies, has provided faithful service during it's tenure as a priority freight hauler. However the old Rolls Royce Dart, though bulletproof, is dreadfully inneficient and costly to maintain. As of course is the fokker itself.
I for one am looking forward with great excitement to the new aircraft and not just because the stagnating airline industry currently indicates that this is all I will be flying for the next 3 years.
Things are on the up for freight.

" To infinity ! And Beyond ! "

VIKING9
3rd Feb 2003, 07:57
How does this effect the FEDEX European operations? Will their feeder companies be getting a fleet renewal?

comfortview
3rd Feb 2003, 21:18
WILL THIS HAVE ANY BEARING ON AIR CONTRACTORS OR WAS THE FEX EX THING WITH THEM AND AIR CONTRACTORS ALL SPECULATION?HOW ARE AIR CONTRACTOR GETTING ON THESE DAYS?HEAR THERE WERE SOME RE-POSITIONING OF ENGINEERS RECENTLY!ARE THEY JUST FOLLOWING THE CREWS TO EMA?

captaink
4th Feb 2003, 21:02
Instead of being