PDA

View Full Version : Air Jamaica...irie or not?

mr.777
2nd Feb 2003, 09:36
Flying on JM in April.
Anyone else had the pleasure......if so are they any good,aside form the in-flight fashion show and aerobics?!
Also,chances of getting upgraded,seeing as we're flying w/end before easter and are both airline staff?Heard that they have a penchant for overbooking their flights which could increase our chances!
Cheers.

VnV2178B
5th Feb 2003, 14:05
Mr777,

It was a few years ago that I flew AirJam Airbus whatever from LHR to Montego Bay. Excellent time, lots of space, free drinks etc. flights to the minute on departure and arrival. The only downside was waiting in Kingston for 4 hours on the return leg, but that was what the timetable said so no complaints. Much better than the BA from Gatwick on the 10-abreast (dare I say it ) 777s.

VnV...

Tomb Raider
5th Feb 2003, 14:27
VnV21,
There have not been 10 abreast config on those 777's for a year now.Thankfully,ancient history now.They are all now the same as the others.

VnV2178B
6th Feb 2003, 06:59
TR,

Yes, I read that good news (probably on pprune!). So pleased that I am thinking of repeating the trip later this year even if I do go BA.

Still preferred the AirJam experience though, they seemed to have a much less formal attitude Perhaps best explained by saying that BA implied it was their duty to look after you but AJ made you feel it was a pleasure to do so. No lack of professionalism from either crews though.

VnV

buckleydj
6th Feb 2003, 15:02
Mr 777,

Flew with Air Jamaica a while back and was very impressed. Good leg room compared with BA on the same route. Was lucky to be upgraded on the way back which was even better. Highlight of the outbound flight was the purser asking passengers to sit down and stop grabbing the flight attendants as they did their fashion show.

Felt even better when the crew asked all non holiday makers to give us a round of applause to welcome us to KIN. Overall a great experience and would recommend them - defintely irie man..!!:cool: