PDA

View Full Version : Corporate flying

Mike Oxbig
1st Feb 2003, 08:01
Does anyone have any experience in corporate flying? What are the hours like, is it varied, is it fun and how is the pay? Thanks

whisperbrick
9th Feb 2003, 12:40
Hi,
I did it for a while.PAy was £25k plus allowances (about 3000 a year).Very varied job working for large company, from large airports to tiny strips in the middle of nowhere.

Hours generally mon-fri, never really knew what was happening next (once left on mon for one night stop, which became five nights away).

Quite tiring at times as not tied to CAP371 hours, some weeks 20 flights, some weeks 4 or 5.

If you are adaptable and flexible it may suit, also very useful time if going to airlines.

FlapsOne
9th Feb 2003, 20:11
Be careful not to get mxed up with private work here.

If flying corporate under AOC then CAP371 most certainly does apply.

I can honestly say it was the best flying I have ever had - no 2 days remotely similar! Lots of time away though, so make sure that suits your personal circumstances.

Someday, when the kids are older, I'll go back to it.

Redline
18th Feb 2003, 01:23
My time flying ad-hoc corporate work was by far the most varied, interesting and challenging of my career. Miss it enormously, no two days the same.

But the pay can often not be brilliant, and the hours are very irregular.

You will probably love it and then do like most of us, get lured to 'better' life in airlines.