PDA

View Full Version : Wak Waks wind down.

Jenny Talia
1st Feb 2003, 04:26
My comiserations to the Wak Wak Drivers. You are on the whole a good bunch, and don't deserve to get shafted because others above you could not see the woods for the trees.

slice
1st Feb 2003, 04:42
Jenny, what is the story? Are they shutting down completely? Or just retreating to their Groote base? Were one of the best GA companies to work for in DN!

Sad day. :(

topend3
1st Feb 2003, 05:02
When did all this happen? don't tell me Air Frontier outlasted them???

Dog One
1st Feb 2003, 07:48
No doubt Vincent Aviation will pick up the slack!

Fission
1st Feb 2003, 14:29
Back to basics really I guess.
Management had absolutely no idea what they were doing - this outcome was on the cards months ago when the bickering between the board and management flared up.

Well done to the drivers that saw the writing on the wall and ejected saftely. Well done to the employers that will now get some very professional drivers as the next group leave.

Ya know - I'd just hate to be any part of the current management team - makes a very nasty stain on one's resume for future reference.... :(

Sheep Guts
1st Feb 2003, 18:53
Well this is sad but not totally unforseable. When I worked in Darwin they had the best Fleet, the Best Paint Jobs and the best pay and the good clientel. But there work out of Darwin atleast didnt seem to be exactly busy or overwhelming. Pilots were on full time and stayed home on call. Full time aircraft washers groundsmen etc.They were on award plus,their Management Pilots were exactly short of the cash.

There attempted expansion 2 years back may be a contributing factor also. Some other operators got out of the industry well ansd healthy also because of that.

The Party is over. It shows that even an Aboriginal Sponsored Operation has its failings, even with the injection of cash. The bean counters decided to cease the cash injections a year or so ago I believe ,and this is the end result.
Power and Water wont know what hit them, no more cold Green Cans in the ice box.

My condolences to any Pilots involved hope you find your chosen career path. It looks as though G.B. got out at the appropriate time.:(

Regards
Sheep

HA time to move in for the kill ;)

OpsNormal
2nd Feb 2003, 02:35
G'day Sheepy and all you Darwinites.....

I promise when we hand HA back to you guys tomorrow or tuesday he'll have a stinkin' hang-over......:yuk: Give him a day or so....... :}

Sad when a largish sort of operator goes down taking many with it....... Anyone know whether Robyn L is still there? (last heard of on Groote). :\

megle2
2nd Feb 2003, 08:12
Is "wak waks" the charter Company I can never spell let alone say?

compressor stall
2nd Feb 2003, 10:00
Sure is....

Also known as Alphabet airways.

Sad news indeed. Good luck to all for the future....

OpsNormal
2nd Feb 2003, 14:21
Yep, he might be a coupla days. Ask him about the smiley face.....;)

I'm not talking....... :}

vrd
4th Feb 2003, 05:39
In the not too distant future i believe that HA may need some new machines and some experienced pilots to go with them.