PDA

View Full Version : NCL Summer '03

Stud3
31st Jan 2003, 20:59
Just looking at some of the charters due to be at Newcastle over summer and was suprised to see MYT Are basing an A321 or certainly have an A321 down as operaters of certain routes. Can anyone confirm?

The times of the Monarch flight to Orlando looks a bit nasty. Arriving back at 0320 after a 9/10 hour flight. Cant be nice!

Anyways, lets hope its going to be another Busy summer this year at Newcastle!

Stud 3

GrahamK
31st Jan 2003, 23:53
I believe MYT have an A320 and an A321 to be based at NCL this summer.

BIG E
1st Feb 2003, 04:04
stud3

its not actually a bad time as the body clock will show 2220,a bit tough on the crew though unless they've had an extended stay
in mco

knobbygb
1st Feb 2003, 11:39
Stud3, are the charter timetables available online in a consolidated form, or have you been browsing brochures? Just wondered as a I wouldn't mind checking them out myself (both NCL and others). Ta.

GrahamK
1st Feb 2003, 12:17
The timetables are available at the Newcastle Airport website, in .pdf format.
NCL Charter Timetable Winter 02/03 Summer 03 (http://www.newcastle-airport.co.uk/docs/Tour_Ops_Guide1.pdf)

richardhall99
1st Feb 2003, 13:06
It looks like Newcastle could be pretty busy this summer..does anyone have any news on any new aircraft parking areas?

johnwalton
1st Feb 2003, 19:33
The PDF says that MYT will be operating a DC10 NCL-PMI in March and April on a Tuesday.... are they mad?

Can't wait for the based BY 767 though...

expedite_climb
1st Feb 2003, 22:40
johnwalton

Nope, i don't think they are mad .... (well not for flying the dc10 anyway).

MYT operate the DC10 -10 which is a shorthaul aircraft. (It could just make US west coast - but just.) It is a regular in european destinations, in fact I saw it today in Salzburg.

The DC10 has such low lease costs that I believe it is one of the more profitable a/c for them.

GrahamK
2nd Feb 2003, 10:22
John they are also operating a 767 to Palma during those months also. Provides a bit of variety for the NCL enthusiasts to see I suppose.

JB007
2nd Feb 2003, 12:19
Air Scandic or Lapland Air Of Finland!!!!! will probably have a wetlease Finnair B757 at NCL for the summer.

heinzmanm
2nd Feb 2003, 16:13
The Iberworld A330 on a Saturday evening from Palma should be a nice sight :-)

richardhall99
3rd Feb 2003, 10:55
KLMuk increasing services to Glasgow and Edinburgh but trimming routes from Amsterdam to Cardiff, humberside, Leeds Bradford and London City

Just wondering how the early morning flight into Newcastle from Ams was doing (it gets into ncl about 0725) I know it was has been tried and dropped and tried again....what are its pax figures like?

johnwalton
3rd Feb 2003, 21:12
I just can't see MYT filling an DC10-10 at that time of year, along with all of the other PMI flights that will be operating from NCL, particularly seen as its a mid-week rotation. I mean in March and April the weather isn't that startling in Majorca. But if they can justify it through low leasing costs I guess that figures.

The 767 operates in the last two weeks of April only which is the school holidays, so I can see more justification there.

:=

expedite_climb
3rd Feb 2003, 22:00
john,

I don't know the facts or figures either, you may well be right. (I didnt RTFQ first time and see the March / April bit). However, dont forget that Tuesday is a big UK day in Palma; almost as big as Saturday. It may well be that a lot of expats want to go out there then..... dunno really !:}

heinzmanm
5th Feb 2003, 10:17
> I just can't see MYT filling an DC10-10 at that time of year,

I imagine that the DC10 has been brought in for the extra capacity during the school Easter holidays which are at the end of April (due to Easter being later than usual!)
Normally quite a busy time of year for people who can't take holidays in the Summer.

Matthew

Desk Driver
5th Feb 2003, 15:38
If they're still around, MYT will have no problem at all filling a D10 to PMI. What with the thousands of rooms they have to fill plus the connection on to their Cruise ships, no problem.

Also,

With such a low lease cost on the acft compared to newer equipment, they don't have to fill it to the gunnels or more likely they'll be offering seats and packages cheaper than everyone else.

Charter flying.........don't you just love it!

richardhall99
6th Feb 2003, 15:36
just been looking a wideroe.no for the NCL-SVG schedule.....there is a change to the schedule if its the final one....
arrive newcastle: 1150
depart newcastle: 1300

sunday arrives 1210 and 1630

thats it....five minute change....I hope thats not the final schedule becuase has Iv argued for ages Newcastle needs more to Scandanavia where is a market for such operations