PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to BMI 29th & 30th Jan

Mike Southern
31st Jan 2003, 13:14
I am a frequent pax and one of my pet topics is accurate information when things ain't going right....

Just a quickie to say that I was impressed with the way I was handled recently at LHR on a flight to Amsterdam. Strong winds on Wednesday for the outbound flight; Check-in staff and lounge staff warned me that there could be a delay of up to an hour, as it turned out this was subsequently brought forward and we landed in AMS more or less on time - great handling of the situation...... no building up of pax's hopes and then dashing them, quite the contrary as it happened - everybody happy!

As for yesterday afternoon... difficult circumstances for all airlines, loads of angry pax. I was put on a (delayed) earlier flight and when I tried to get on an even earlier flight (even more severely delayed) the lovely lady at the gate 'suggested' that I was better off on the delayed 1545h flight - which actually left before the 'earlier' one (am I making any sense here???). I actually departed more or less on my original scheduled departure time - a stunning achievement under the circumstances.

Anyhow, a fine example of how to manage expectations well under difficult circumstances; good on ya BMI.....

OK it wasn't all a fairy story.... we got stacked over London for more than an hour and then parked off-stand for another 40 mins, but such things are outside the airlines control.

Ho hum, Brussels next week and Koln the one after......

atco-matic
1st Feb 2003, 08:19
Compare and contrast with BA...

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80121

The_Banking_Scot
4th Feb 2003, 18:10
Hi,

I flew EDI-LHR on 31st January ( Friday) and during the day heard the worsening situation on BA ( one of my managers was on the aircraft for over 2.5hours before leaving EDI) before cancelling all domestic ffights so I got to EDI at 17:00 for the 18:40 bmi flight and asked "what sort of delay are we looking at?" as the 14:30 flight was still showing.

I was delighted to be told only 20mins. In the lounge we were told about a further 60min delay but we boarded around 19:45pm and took off around 20:00 and caught up 20mins enroute so we landed only 1 hour late which was admirable given the circumstances ( I saw a lot of BA gold cards on our A321 flight)-My bag came off also :D

So well done to bm on the 31st also.

Regards
TBSi