PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Hour Building Ireland

34munich
31st Jan 2003, 11:51
Anyone know of anywhere -- apart from the obvious (busy and expensive) places in Ireland to hour build - is there any clubs or the like? Many thanks:cool:

D McQuire
31st Jan 2003, 18:01
I have heard very good things about the Dublin Flying Club. Runs out of Dublin Airport - which may sound too busy but ATC there like to clear the clubs a/c for the very quite 11/29 runway (1300m) and not the main 10/28 (2600m) which just about everything else does go off.

From my contacts info, club prices were good and experience excellent. I´m told its run on a no profit basis, instructors are Aer Lingus + Aer Arann pilots just doing it for fun. Contact details are listed in:

www.irishaviation.net/flyclubs.htm

Squak2002
1st Feb 2003, 13:06
Hello,

The Airport Flying club is an excellent place to fly. Although RW11/29 is closed until March, we still manage to get away from 28/10 when its not too busy.

Strange experience being in a C150 with a large A340-600 right behind you. Also, the experience you gain from flying in a CTA is excellent and is sure to make you more confident and a all round better pilot. As its a non-profit club, there is a waiting list for new members.

www.airportflyingclub.com

The only other place in Dublin is Weston (National Flight Centre)
Not a bad set up there too.

34munich
1st Feb 2003, 16:22
many thanks so far - anyone anyother ideas?:cool:

aerfungus
2nd Feb 2003, 12:48
If your nearer the south of the country there is Southaer,based near Cork airport! The website is www.southaer.com
Havent flown there myself but looks ok!
You could also look at Waterford airport,pretty quiet there now.Not too sure of the prices thought.

Best of luck!

BMT
4th Feb 2003, 16:31
Dublin Flying Club,

Go to their website.......

www.geocities.com/dubflyer/

34munich
4th Feb 2003, 16:35
thank you every one - Dublin Flying Cub have space for new members and the rates seem good so I'll be out here for a test flight soon.:cool:

yak-yak
5th Feb 2003, 12:34
Another option is the Leinster Aero club, Also run on a non profit basis. Its based at EIDW.

I believe that 11/29 is currently closed. might be wrong though

www.leinsteraeroclub.com

good luck:)

FunnyOnion
6th Feb 2003, 13:25
Hi there,

Ive done a few hours with southair to renew my licence and they would be on par with most of the other flying schools in ireland so id recommend them, although don't try to book a flight for an early morning starter as EICK 9 times out of 10 has fog or something hanging over the airport.

The 5Q
9th Feb 2003, 22:05
Two new training schools are to start operations in Waterford over the next few months.

One is an Irish branch of an established UK company while the other is part of a group based in Weston.

Waterford Airport should make an announcement in the next few weeks.