PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair does it again !

Belgian Beauty
31st Jan 2003, 07:02
Yesterday evening the Ryanair flight from Eindhoven to Stansted took off from Eindhoven three and a half hours late. It was only after take off that the passengers were told they were going to Luton, where they were left stranded. Just another example of Ryanair's excellent passenger care.

Crash_and_Burn
31st Jan 2003, 07:05
As the old saying goes pay peanuts get monkeys!

Pay nothing get sh!t.

C&B

Localiser Green
31st Jan 2003, 07:08
Is this worthy of "Reporting Points"??

What were they supposed to do, stay in Eindhoven all night? I'm sure the crew wanted to get home to Stansted just as much as you, but that doesn't mean they should take any risks with your life, so last night Luton it was.

Really can't see what they've done wrong here, what do you suggest they could have done to make the whole thing better? Short of risking pranging a perfectly good aircraft and killing 100 odd people that is....?

Exactly... can't win can they :rolleyes:

Belgian Beauty
31st Jan 2003, 07:16
Localiser Green,

Maybe they could have informed the passengers before take off so the pax had a choice to stay in Eindhoven and try again the next day, people ended up in London hotels at 2 o'clock in the morning. Nobody wants people to get killed, giving them a choice whether to go to Luton or to stay in Eindhoven would have been a bit more customer friendly.

BEagle
31st Jan 2003, 07:20
...and now we learn that the excellent buzz is to be bought by O'Leary. What a tragedy - let's just hope that buzz won't be brought down to the levels of RyanAir and will maintain its own identity. Hope that they'll still fly to Frankfurt and won't be forced into where-the-hell-is-Hahn instead....

ILUV2FLY
31st Jan 2003, 07:46
Belgian Beauty
This is a site for professionals not amateurs.
Its called snow! We departed dub for stn last night with
a 2 hour slot delay due to runway clearance in stn.Forecast
that Stn would open @ 20.00. Got to stn and guess what?
Runway still closed. Held for 20 mins then diverted to Boh and guess what, Boh full of diverts too. Ended up in Brs with 8 other
diverts and chaos all round.
So b.b. given that stn closed, lhr closed, ltn closed why the hell
is it ryanairs fault? Just turn on the news u clown!

Ryanairs on time is best in this business at present so stop
crying over things that none of us in this business can control
like the weather.

Freak
31st Jan 2003, 08:26
And with Ryanair buying Buzz, what will happen to the Cabair/Buzz/KLMuk sponsorship scheme? No-one's even got the application forms back yet!

Belgian Beauty
31st Jan 2003, 08:42
ILTF

The pax were told 1 minute after take off that their plane would be going to Luton, I know of at least 1 person who would have preferred to stay in Eindhoven. I can't imagine the crew not knowing before T/O where they were going. This 'solution' caused a lot of problems for a lot of people.
Also if this site is for professionals why are you slagging people off and calling them clowns, that sounds like pretty amateur behaviour to me!!
BTW , I am a professional in the aviation business, I consider Ryanair's treatment of it's customers, however low the fare might have been, not professional at all !!!

ramsrc
31st Jan 2003, 09:06
BEagle

Sadly, I think we are going to see an end to flights to FRA. I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to book a flight to London over the Easter period. All the other Summer timetable Germany flights are now available, but not Frankfurt. In the end, I e-mailed Buzz Customer services who answered (extrememly quickly - as usual) to say that all the flights for German destinations would be available for booking by the end of January. Of course, you can read into that whatever you like but I have just booked with BA.

Last time I flew with Ryanair was the only time in my life I have been frightened on an airliner. Couple that with the rude and unfriendly staff and the horrendous drive to Hahn and I said I would never fly with FR again.

Sorry for rambling on, but I feel we are going to lose something special and it makes me exceedingly cross. :mad:

I wish all the Buzz staff all the very best - I really do hope it isn't going to be as bad as I think it is...

Number Cruncher
31st Jan 2003, 09:18
One would assume that a majority of people on this flight would be travelling into London?! Surely it would be easier to get into London, or anywhere else in the UK, from Luton than it would from Eindhoven?!? Even if you had your car parked at Stansted, don't they run shuttle buses to and from the airport?!?

What's the big deal?

:confused:

FlapsOne
31st Jan 2003, 09:24
So the pax were told 1 minute after take off that they were going to LTN.........

That'll be during Flap retraction then!

AJ
31st Jan 2003, 09:26
Belgian Beauty, what exactly is the purpose of this thread?

Belgian Beauty
31st Jan 2003, 09:28
number cruncher,

have you seen the traffic and weather yesterday ?
The person I'm talking about ended up in a hotel near King's Cross at 1:30 am and no there were no shuttle buses.
Maybe a decent airline would have tried to provide this service but we all know how Ryanair deals with this sort of thing.
Remember the flight going, or rather not going, from Treviso to Charleroi when the pax were told to find their own way back, some charterd a coach to take them back. The big deal is they could have given them a choice!

Number Cruncher
31st Jan 2003, 09:49
You had a choice from the start - fly with someone else.

I’m sure you’re aware of the service Ryanair provide - cheap, no-frills transportation from A-B. For 45euros what do you expect? Still, I’m sure your wiser as to what to do next time…

End of my point.

UFGBOY
31st Jan 2003, 10:16
Luton actually better as their are all nite trains to London (ok bit of a shame if your car is at STN!)

HugMonster
31st Jan 2003, 10:25
Well, actually what Ryanair do is offer you a cheap, no-frills ticket from A to B, but then tell you that both the cheap tickets have been sold. You then have to buy an expensive, no-frills ticket from A-B, find that the return ticket B-A is twice the price of the one-way. You turn up at the airport and find that, if you actually get to B then your luggage (for which you had to pay extra because you omitted to inform them that you wanted your luggage to travel as well) is still at A and nobody from the airline is even prepared to talk to you, or they herd you onboard the aircraft, take off and then tell you that you're not actually going to B at all, but to C instead and that if you don't like it then you can just lump it. Ah well - at least you can buy a sandwich on board. Ummmm - no, sorry, you can't - they didn't take any catering upload and they've all been sold.

All true-life experiences - no disclaimer offered

SLF3
31st Jan 2003, 10:55
If you sell someone a ticket from Eindhoven to Stansted I don't see how you have honoured your obligations if you deliver them to Luton.

If the plane has to go to Luton because of bad weather that is fair enough - but onward transportation from there to Stansted has to be the responsibility of the carrier - doesn't it?

feet dry
31st Jan 2003, 11:08
Read the terms & conditions....

Airlines/ferry companies etc do not sell a ticket which guarantees dept. or dest. airport/port, they undertake to do the best they can.

If you feel you require redress, contact the company.

Fancy Navigator
31st Jan 2003, 11:12
Hi folks
Does the purchase of Buzz by Ryanair mean that the two airlines are going to merge and become one, a bit like easyJet and Go??
Cheers:)

Freak
31st Jan 2003, 13:23
Airline tickets don't even guarantee transport by air. You could theoretically turn up at Eindhoven and get loaded onto a Coach and driven to Luton and have no case for complaint.

XSBaggage
31st Jan 2003, 18:41
Having seen the state of the M11 and other roads around STN, and spoken to people who had been stuck in their cars for hours, is it any wonder FR could not provide a bus for the pax?