PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Edinburgh

Stockpicker
30th Jan 2003, 23:05
Does anyone know anything about a Scotland Air (the new lo-cost service) flight to Edinburgh with failed undercarriage, jettisoned all fuel, last heard circling in preparation to crash land at EDI? Apologies for alarmist tone, I live in Edinburgh and may know someone on flight

athene
31st Jan 2003, 00:15
Alarmist indeed!! If you know someone on the fligt surely you must know that Air Scotland have not started flying out of Edinburgh yet!!!! Think you will find its Scot Airways and as far as I have heard aircraft has landed safely, thank goodness. Do try not to panic until you actually know what is going on!!

Speedmaster
31st Jan 2003, 02:37
It was a Scotairways (GBYMK) that had an indication problem and made an emergency landing around midnight. All on board were ok and the pax were offloaded onto a caoch on the runway.

Problem was with starboard landing gear

Stockpicker
31st Jan 2003, 07:24
Thanks to both replies and apologies again for the tone of my post - I got the rumour from my cab driver on the way home, hence the confusion! All I knew was that my acquaintance was gonig to try and fly up last night, didn't know what flight. Good to know all safe and sound.

lamplighter
31st Jan 2003, 09:36
Cab drivers are no good at air rumours.

Cab drivers only good at picking stocks.