PDA

View Full Version : Emergency in Aberdeen

Lucky Angel
10th Sep 2001, 23:10
Just heard on the radio that a jet caught fire on the ground in Aberdeen and an evacuation was carried out. Everybody came out ok and the a/c was to fly to E.Midlands.More details would be appreciated.

Waveman
11th Sep 2001, 00:55
Saw the fire trucks arrive at the aircraft but all seemed to be over by then.

This from the BBC:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/scotland/newsid_1468000/1468589.stm

Fire scare sees plane evacuated

Passengers and crew on an aircraft were evacuated after a suspected fire in one of the engines.
They were taken off the Jetstream 32 aircraft at Aberdeen Airport just before it was due to take-off for East Midlands Airport in Castle Donington on Monday morning.

The three crew members on board the Eastern Airways craft set off the automatic fire extinguishers before ushering the eight passengers to the airport terminal building.

A spokesman for Aberdeen Airport said: "The craft was still on the stand waiting to begin take off procedures when the crew suspected engine fire and evacuated the craft.

"The fire was quickly brought under control and was out by the time the emergency services arrived.

"All the proper procedures were carried out and no one was injured."

fightercommand
11th Sep 2001, 01:16
My my Waveman, you always like to be first with the gossip!!!

But can't see the relevance of the website you refer too???!!!

The Groover
11th Sep 2001, 11:12
Not sure how you constitute this as gossip, looks like he is merely bringing us a news report..........no scurilous gossip and speculation in that me thinks !