PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter crash in Afghanistan kills US soldiers

Irlandés
30th Jan 2003, 20:57
Taken from the Irish Independent...

Helicopter crash in Afghanistan kills US soldiers

16:42 Thursday January 30th 2003

A US Army Black Hawk helicopter has crashed six miles east of Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan. The helicopter was taking part in a routine training exercise when the incident occurred. It is not known how many military personnel were on board the craft but reports are saying that there are multiple fatalities. According to US military sources, there was no hostile fire in the area and the crash was not caused by hostile activity related to recent altercations between US military personnel and Afghan fighters.

Barannfin
31st Jan 2003, 02:27
sad news to hear, keep us updated. My condolences to those who lost someone, and if there are any survivors i hope that they pull through.

Watchoutbelow
31st Jan 2003, 02:56
Why do so many twin engined Military Helicopters with some of the most sophisticated technology onboard seem to go down in Afghanistan, considering..

"According to US military sources, there was no hostile fire in the area and the crash was not caused by hostile activity"

Will we ever find out what really happens to these helicopters so we can all benefit and learn from these tragedies to try to prevent them happening in future?
Or am I just beeing Naive in beleiving the statement from the US military sources?

My condolences to the family, friends and relatives who have lost anyone in these accidents!