PDA

View Full Version : Flying On A JAA Licence in Perth & Adelaide

LFS
29th Jan 2003, 19:23
Firstly, I would like to apologise if this has been asked before. What are the rules on being able to fly in australia on my JAA PPL, is a conversion required or can I get some sort of validation? Also can anyone recommend some good schools/clubs to hire aircraft, peferably a PA28 or C152.

On Track
29th Jan 2003, 22:13
If you do a search you will find there have been several threads on this in the past, explaining what you need to do.

I think you will also find the answer at www.casa.gov.au.

The short answer is: yes you can "get some sort of validation", and judging from the reports previously posted on pprune, the process is quite painless.

PropDuster
5th Feb 2003, 22:23
LFS

The whole process was v easy and painless when I did it. You just have to take your ICAO PPL along with valid medical and $50.00 to a CASA regional office and they issue you with a Special Pilots Licence which enables you too fly in Aus as long as your medical and BFR are current. The only problem you might have is finding someone willing to lend you there machinery if you have never flown here before. Some operators lend you an instructor to 'right hand seat' at no extra cost.
CAR 5.196 -- 5.205 explains it all legal style. Hope this helps some. Good luck and enjoy flying downunder.

Prop