PDA

View Full Version : Help, Someone please help me understand this!!!

Speedbird19
29th Jan 2003, 15:14
Hiya all, my problem is that I cannot get a Class 1 in this country due to my eyesight being just outside the limits.
Anway I asked the CAA about doing an FAA Class 1 Medical and getting my Commerical Pilots Licence in America.
They said this:

"If you have a FAA Class 1 CPL, you can undergo an extended renewal at Aviation House... You would be examined to revalidation standards, so may be possible for you to achieve a JAA Class 1 with an exemption limitation... Under NPA 15 of JAA regsulations you can be issued with a certificate...however if NPA 15 is not excepted then the Class 1 would not be valid"

What exactly does this mean, anyone else had the same response???:confused:
Is there an easier way of getting my Class 1, I am prepared to go to another country to do training, I am 18 and am not giving up on my life ambition this easy!!!!! Please Help!!!:(

Thanks

moosp
30th Jan 2003, 15:22
United 427

I cannot give a useful input on your medical situation but would like to congratulate you on your determination.

I was taught that if you want something- no, really want something- no, really really really want something, then you will attain your goal by sacrifice and effort.

Anyone who can write on an open forum, "I am also never ever gonna give up, there is a way, all I have to do is find it." will get to a goal very close to their present aim.

Best of luck, Sir.

gdnhalley
1st Feb 2003, 19:03
Speedbird19

I'm a lot older than you,but have been through the FAA CPL route to getting a CAA class one medical,last year.
I have the medical at the moment,but it is still possible for it to be taken away if the proposals aren't adopted. Obviously I'm working on the hope that this is unlikely, but I know it is not impossible.
At your age I don't think there is any hurry, you have plenty of time.
Good Luck

gordon

long final
2nd Feb 2003, 15:34
Speedbird,

I have done the same as gdnhalley and have the class 1 now. The CAA were quite positive that it should not be a problem, but you never can tell.

Like you I wasn't prepared to give up that easily, but I will add that I believe this backdoor might be closing soon.

I am on with the ATPL's now, and can but hope the JAA will see sense.

By the way, it is perfectly possible to train and take your FAA CPL in the UK, and do it very quickly. If you want more details drop me a PM.

Best of luck, it can be done, but you have to be prepared for disapointment.

Best Regards
LF