PDA

View Full Version : Can I ??????

heliheaven
29th Jan 2003, 08:45
Please could someone help me.
I currently hold a CAA PPL(H) and FI(H). My question is simple on the strength of this license am able to fly a Euroean registered helicopter, say French or German privately?
Thanks HH :)

MBJ
30th Jan 2003, 16:01
I think you'd need a JAA licence, but call the CAA on 01293 567171 and ask for the licencing department.

Helinut
31st Jan 2003, 16:27
The general approach is that if a PPL(H) is to ICAO standard, then other countries accept it BUT like most general principles they are not always followed. MBJ's advice may not be the answer here - the definitive answer will come from the CAA equivalent of the nation whose aircraft you want to fly (or in whose country you want to fly).

I asume that your PPL(H) is pre-JAR.

greenarrow
31st Jan 2003, 18:42
As long as you fly within the UK territorial boundaries and the aircraft is registered to a country bounded by icao regulations. With a uk licence you can fly the machine.
As a Uk national holding a licence issued outside of the uk again yes you can fly within the uk, or within the country of licence issue as long as the machine is also registered in that country.
Perm any two from three. ie National of the country you intend flying within. Aircraft registered in the country of operation. Holding a licence to fly issued by the country of operation.
I hope this helps.