PDA

View Full Version : Maastricht low cost carrier

zed3
29th Jan 2003, 05:25
Just read in the local paper this morning that a low cost carrier is due to start soon out of Maastricht-Aachen airport. Names listed were Ryan, Easy, Hapag-Lloyd, German-Wings or Bus (sic). No actual name given . Anyone out there any idea and further details?

NoWay
29th Jan 2003, 09:41
Well if you go to www.ryanair.com you'll see that they will fly from Maastricht to Stansted from the end of April....

RAT 5
30th Jan 2003, 08:56
It'll be an interesting one to watch, this. Maastricht is between BRU, CGN, Eindhoven & Charleroi. Also the local anti a/c lobby is might vociferous. They have been campaigning for years to even close it down, but I think that was thwarted.

BRUpax
30th Jan 2003, 19:38
Looking at the proposed schedule, I wonder if Ryanair have got it wrong? I believe most of the potential pax would have been originating from the MST area for trips to London. However, with an 0655 departure for the return leg from STN, it's not going to have much appeal - unless they happen to be staying somewhere close to the airport. I don't see this route succeeding with the present timings, especially with KLM-Exel offering three flights a day for only just a few euros more.

RAT 5
5th Feb 2003, 14:27
Any thoughts that Exel might re-brand it self? I believe the KLM association is name only and it is still an independant??