PDA

View Full Version : Trip to BAE Jerez

martinf
24th Mar 2001, 00:15
JUst thought I would draw attention to the OATS thread as I'm going to BAE Jerez and wondered if anyone wanted to come for a squiz at the place and share costs.

Harves
26th Mar 2001, 11:56
I,d be interested to know when you are going because I am planning early April. Unfortunately, the better half has booked her place alongside, so I wont be able to help on costs.

Drop me a mail anyway.

WillyH
26th Mar 2001, 15:56
Also looking at visiting the school beginning of April - via buzz (£140 return)on the 2nd and 3rd although haven't booked flight yet. May see you guys out there!

Harves
26th Mar 2001, 16:46
WillyH,

I was likewise looking at Buzz for 2nd and 3rd so may indeed see you out there. (Or earlier).

Drop me a mail if you go for those dates.

Dizzy
26th Mar 2001, 22:22
I am thinking of doing the same, but later on in the year. I'd really appreciate any feedback about your visit once you've been.
Drop us an e-mail if any of you get the time on your return.
Ta!

"I am going to enjoy this!"

WillyH
27th Mar 2001, 22:34
On the subject of Jerez, does anyone know which payment option is going to work out best in the long run? Pay 48500 sterling and start april or pay 78012 Euros and start after april. If the euro increases to about 1.64 to the pound it may be possible to get a good deal but is this going to happen plus i'd have to buy all euros at that time and maybe not benefit from British interest rates from sterling.

I've basically narrowed down two schools - BAE in Jerez and SFT in Bournemouth. Both seem very good but is the integrated course worth the extra money at the end of the day - anyone done the full atpl modular route through sft?

martinf
30th Mar 2001, 00:58
Thanks for the reply guys - I ma not going to be going till well into april possibly May. I am probably going to see if I can go into Malaga as it will be cheaper as Buzz are the only ones to fly into Jerez (I wait to be corrected).

Hiring a car will be cheaper then if there are more of us there. I am probably going to take a couple of mates along and then ahve a wekend out of it - few beers etc..

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay. Harves? Hopefully you will have been there before I go so can give me the lowdown.

Dizzy - looking at a weekend, does that fiti in with your plans?