PDA

View Full Version : OATS course 209?

Jerra
23rd Mar 2001, 22:55
I had a place registered on course 209, but have just received a letter saying that the course is not running, and that I have to join the next course, 210. Did anyone else receive this letter?

Caused a problem as I handed in my notice!!

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Speedbird 2946
23rd Mar 2001, 23:36
Yes I heard of someone else moved. Maybe there were not enough people wanting to do AP209 to justify it??

Duh.. two spelling mistakes in two sentences... :)

[This message has been edited by Speedbird 2946 (edited 23 March 2001).]

Cu
24th Mar 2001, 00:51
Try looking in the "news" section of oxford's website (as opposed to the course dates bit).

Mister Geezer
24th Mar 2001, 15:24
Jerra.

I am in exactly the same boat as yourself!

BTW I have had a look on OATS's website and I can't find any news on the new course arrangements.

However my theory is that they don't have enough numbers, however I am probably wrong!

Look forward to seeing you soon!

MG

------------------
Don't land in a field or the sheep will eat the aircraft.

Hap
24th Mar 2001, 15:38
This all sounds quite strange to me - I signed up for AP210 about a month ago and they said there were 4 or 5 places left on that course. I went to a seminar at OATS in February and it was implied that the course beginning in March was full.

Unless there have been some people cancelling altogether, AP210 could be a bit busy! (I suppose they could have been talking about the modular course - I don't remember hearing any specific "course numbers" being mentioned)

Anyway, I'll see you all there!

Has anyone heard anything about accommodation yet?

Hap

Mister Geezer
24th Mar 2001, 22:11
I got the accommodation agreement in the post a few weeks ago, securing the 'on site' accommodation for the first 4 weeks of the course. However since I am on a different course, I presume that the paperwork will be void and they will send me out some extra stuff to sign!

MG

------------------

Mustang_Sally
25th Mar 2001, 20:45
I'm at Oxford already and asked the other day why there was no 209 course. the answer - quite simply, lack of demand for the start date. No consolation to those of you who have handed your notice in, but hope I helped shed a little light on the problem. See you at Oxford, eventually!!

Mister Geezer
25th Mar 2001, 21:28
Mustang Sally

Thanks for the clarification on the reason. I was pretty certain it was due to lack of demand so I am not surprised!

Looking forward to seeing you at OATS! :)

MG

------------------

Hap
26th Mar 2001, 15:37
It looks like I asked to soon about the accomodation - the form arrived this morning!

Only a month to go..... Suddenly all my work here seems a little irrelevant! :)