PDA

View Full Version : Cabair/Buzz Sponsorship Application Forms

TurboJ
28th Jan 2003, 10:23
Hi,

Anyone received their Cabair/Buzz Sponsorship application forms yet ??

I wrote to them on 13/01 and here I am on 28/01 still waiting.

I put a phone call in to Cabair at Elstree who stated that they were waiting until the end of the month to send them altogether whereas another mate of mine reckoned they were still waiting for the packs to come from the printers ???

One would hope the deadline will be extended given I have waited over a fortnight, just for the forms ???

:confused:

obsidianUK
28th Jan 2003, 17:53
Hi.

I called elstree Friday 26th, and they said there having probs with the application forms. The lady said they expect to be sending them out this friday.

I think i`ll give em a quick call tomorow or thursday to check thats still their etd...

ta ta

obs

Lump Jockey
28th Jan 2003, 19:52
Do you just have to apply for one? Is it just for PPL training?
Thanx.

TurboJ
28th Jan 2003, 21:13
Thanks for the replies. Hope to get hold of a form soon........TJ

obsidianUK
1st Feb 2003, 12:09
Just to let you know i got mine through the post this morning.

good luck everyone with getting through to the next stage of the buzz (ryanair..) sponsorship. :)

obs

AJ
1st Feb 2003, 12:15
So you guys are still ok with regards to the takeover by Ryanair ? Just curious to know.

rgds

JamesB
1st Feb 2003, 16:42
Hi,

Will be interesting to see if this sponsorship becomes a non-entity following the take-over.

I tried calling Elstree this afternoon, but nobody was available for comment.

Artificial Horizon
1st Feb 2003, 17:03
I have spoken to a few senior people at Cabair and they know nothing mone than we all do. They heard about the takeover on the radio like the rest of us. They are trying to find out all of the implications for this new sponsorship and also for the cadets who are mid stream with the instructing. If I hear anything soon I will post it here.

Mintflavour
1st Feb 2003, 18:38
Im still waiting for the application form to come through, are you?

I wandered (before reading this thread) if the reason for the application not being sent, was due to the take over, and ooops there goes another opportunity for sponsorship. Any chance of getting my first class stamp back?

mint

Johnny 7
1st Feb 2003, 21:41
Probably will still go ahead - it will just cost an extra 50 quid for the application to be processed & you'll have to pay for a 737 to be put on your licence at the end of the instructing . :rolleyes:

These are sad times for the potential sponsored pilot . Discussed this with a guy in the know the other day who seems to think we'll soon see the last of airline sponsorships in the U.K.

Great shame .

A Very Civil Pilot
3rd Feb 2003, 13:52
As far as Buzz is concerned, it's business as usual - until 1.4.03 when Ryanair come in and decide what to do. A hunch says that having a cadet sponsorship is unlikely. I imagine that the management at Endeavour house have more important things to worry about than sponsorships.

This leaves the problem that you may well get selected for the cabair part of it, only to have the deal taken away from you in April. By then you have already put down you're £25.000 merely to become a self sponsored, and now short of funds, student at cabair.

Remember, none of these schemes are really sponsorships - they're loans, with the possibilty of a job at the end.