PDA

View Full Version : Capt Harry Van Reevan

icemanalgeria
28th Jan 2003, 00:56
It is with great regret that I must report the sad news of Harry's death.

Capt Harry Van Reeven ex Air Holland, Air Europe Italy, and more recently Gulfair passed away in the early hours of this morning, in hospital close to his home in Malta with his family by his side.

Who ever crossed paths with Harry I know would have fond memories to hold on to, and a great vacuum that could never be filled.

I will lookup to the sky when next east bound at dawn, and there and forever will remember him.

GULFPILOT76
28th Jan 2003, 06:42
I must say I was shocked to see this message, I have known Harry for over 10 years, and flying with him as then an F/O was always fun and good learning, because he was so confident of himself as a pilot he could let YOU do the job without interfering.
I have visited him in Malta for a week and had a great time with him and his family, their hospitality was overwelming. My thoughts are with them all. Fare well Harry.

icemanalgeria
28th Jan 2003, 16:32
I just heard Harry will be making his last flight on Saturday with Air Malta to Holland where he will have his final resting place.

The Skylord
28th Jan 2003, 18:40
Greatly shocked to receive the news - he will be missed.

Jetset320
29th Jan 2003, 21:04
Sad to hear about Harry.

Harry flew with Air Malta before my time, but I first met him by coincidence.....we were seated next to each other on a flight as passengers, but along the years later we met several times on his frequent trips to Holland an back.

He is often mentioned and fondly remembered by the local pilots who flew with him, and I'm sure he will be sadly missed by all.

Kay-M
7th Feb 2003, 21:30
I've known Capt Van Reeven in his many years of flying for AirMalta. Harry was well respected for his flying skills and loved for his jovial character. It's been some time since I saw him last. It was on a flight from CTA to MLA where he was non-revving to his Malta home.
Condolences to his family and May he rest in peace.

icemanalgeria
15th Feb 2003, 18:03
Jeanette has asked me to thank every for all the contacts made possible by pprune.

She has received many messages of comfort,

Around 250 people came to the very moving service.

Manythanks again to all who remembered this great guy.

R.I.P Harry

BoeingBoy
17th Feb 2003, 21:23
My condolences,

I met Harry only briefly as a PARC pilot for Air Holland in 97. He made a big impression, and as someone who also flew for Air Malta (in 95) I was able to sympathise as to why he chose Malta as a home.

A true aviation character who will be sadly missed.