PDA

View Full Version : Groundstar at EGCC

frazhm
27th Jan 2003, 21:23
I recently saw an ad by Groundstar at Man. looking for "Despatchers" sic!!. My better half (English graduate) tells me that the job title can be spelt with either an "e" or an "i" - we learn something every day!!

Does any one know of the working conditions, salaries etc..

A few sage words now might save me a lot of hassle in the long run!!

Stand 22
28th Jan 2003, 13:33
This is off the back of them getting the jmc/Thomas Cook contract. Bare in mind that they they also did this when they got the Air 2000 contract but within a year half the staff were working for Servisair when Groundstar lost the contract for whatever reason. As for pay, probably between 11-14K depending on the contract (part time, full time, permanent etc)

The question is, have Groundstar learnt enough from the Air2000 contract to keep jmc for more than a year?

super aviator
30th Jan 2003, 20:19
Dunno about Man but a LGW:

Dispatchers are offered £17,983 P.A.

37.5 hours a week

The contract is a bit pants........no sick pay untill you have over 3 days off !!! that will stop all those one day sickies.

If you quit before 6 months they take £100 outta your final pay packet to cover costs// £50 if you quit b4 a year!!!

I imagine you get less at MAN as all northerners are skint !!!!

Rgds

SA :cool:

redfield
1st Feb 2003, 19:55
I assume that the LGW salary of £17983 includes the London weighting because Groundstar staff at the airportI used to work at never got paid anywhere near that much the last I heard. You're right - all Norherners ARE skint!

useless_info
18th Feb 2003, 02:30
no chance mate ud be mad to work for that shower!! hardley ever keep a contract longer than 2yrs!!unless its a job for the summer u want!!!get urself in with an airline its the only way to get any type of security handling agents are for losers:*

redfield
19th Feb 2003, 21:12
Useless_info:
I agree that Groundstar might be a "shower" as you put it but you need to justify your arrogant statement "handling agents are for losers." Explain? :confused:

Out Of Trim
22nd Feb 2003, 19:09
Sounds like a good sickness policy.. NOT!

If you only get sick pay for periods of sickness lasting more than three days; I would expect that mysteriously all their staff are sick for three days or more!!

derr! :=

useless_info
25th Feb 2003, 02:38
simply been there done that!!! and i am aware that u never get anywhere!!! simply end up on the airport merry go round!!!

sorry its only my opinion and experience! isnt that wot this site is about!!!:yuk:

Stand 22
26th Feb 2003, 20:24
Sounds like most of the new staff at MAN are ex Servisair, which may be good in a way as they will already know how Thomas Cook operate. Although taking over at the weekend possibly isn't the best idea................

Buggs Bunny
1st Mar 2003, 20:21
USELES
You sound like a bit of a prat to me.
Bet you have been on the airports for about 3-5 years and think that you know everything because you work for an airline. No wonder airline / handling company relationships are not what they could be with an attitude like that.

How many airlines have outlasted Servisair / Aviance / MAS in existance...not many. Remember that if your airline make redundancies at some stage, you will be knocking on the door of a handling company begging for them to take you on. Don't come to my door.

Good luck to Groundstar at MAN. Hopefully they have had a fun packed first day with Thomas Cook Airlines.