PDA

View Full Version : how many pilots dissapeared from TAIWAN?

middlepath
27th Jan 2003, 18:47
Can anyone shed light on how many pilots dissapeared from TPE and what happened to the bond signed?
Cheers

mikle88
31st Jan 2003, 05:08
Many pilots,if you work there you now why

Unemployed
31st Jan 2003, 07:20
Ok ....I give in.....what are we talking about ??

EVA....... China Airlines ??????? Do both have a bond ??

Why did people leave ?? Saftey , Conditions ???

middlepath
31st Jan 2003, 14:44
mikle88
could you tell us bit more?

ejacrew
2nd Feb 2003, 06:10
ilovelonghaul,
I am one of the pilot that left CAL not too long ago! I am a Taiwanese/American, therefore I was hired as a local term. Sure we do have bond, all of the local pilots in Taiwan are bonded heavily by their respective company.

They, the management treated their pilots like dirt. I was a cruise captain when I was there and due for a command upgrade this year on a B747-400, why would someone like myself leave the company when I am due for an upgrade? Because they treat the local and the expat differently, I am not saying the expat should not be treated nicely, but shouln't we be equally treated?

A good example is that why aren't the expat bonded? This along shows the character of the management, I can go on and on, but just glad to be out of the hostile management.

This is the year of goat and I have no regret of leaving CAL as this is the best decision I've ever make. For those of you on the list to be interview I wish you the best of luck. But, if you have other places to go or are not in the danger of being lay-off from your present company, trust me, STAY PUT.

cheers

middlepath
2nd Feb 2003, 07:04
Thank you very much for all the information, how about EVA?

ejacrew
2nd Feb 2003, 17:26
ilovelonghaul,
I would be upgraded if I had stayed as I had my upgrade course slotted for May this year.

I think you should be bonded by CAL as well as all of the other expat. Did you not take the transition training? I think you did, otherwise you wouldn't be flying the line, than shouldn't you be bonded? I can assured you that all of my colleagues would agree that you be bonded by CAL and don't tell me their is no discrimmination between the expat and the local.

We, as local pilots was not equally treated comparing to the expat. Let me put it this way, if we reversed the above mentioned scenario in the US would you be happy? PROBABLY NOT!

:confused: :mad:

middlepath
2nd Feb 2003, 19:21
Do they treat asian expat diffrently from white expat? sometimes people are colour blind.

ejacrew
4th Feb 2003, 14:33
i don't have anger towards the expats! in fact, i have a lots of expat friends.

what i am saying is that we all need to be equally treated, PERIOD!

you took a training from CAL than you should be bonded just like everyone else. But, i would like to thank you for your honesty because my friend "a local" also took a A340 conversion course and of course-bonded. Now I can inform him about this info than he can feel free to join a company that recruited him and not be afraid of the bond on him. if CAL has any comment, we can settle that in court either my friend walk free or court WILL HAVE YOU BONDED!

enough of this CAL bull shxt

all the best to everyone here.

mikle88
5th Feb 2003, 01:07
In Eva training bond is 60,000 US$,4 years.
Many pilots left Eva (I know for appx.20, total number is about 50)
That was before 9/11.
Did anybody pay training bond?-Not that I know.
Only problem: if you like to apply to another company in Asia, they
can make you difficult to do that.
Pilots left: from USA,Australia,Europe...
Why: many reasons,if you go there you will know.
By the way,they terminated contract for 60 expats,after 9/11.
Pilots lost accumulated retirement money,some of them 1 year before retirement.
:*
Good luck..

middlepath
5th Feb 2003, 06:30
Mikle88
Thanks for your facts and figures, very helpful.
cheers, its nice to be in RM.