View Full Version : Female New Hire Fired

I. M. Esperto
11th May 2001, 01:06
I got this from a buddy.

Hey Guys,
Since this will not be widely known, much less published, I feel it needs telling.

A fellow Captain in MD11 training heard this at the school house:

A "street-to-right-seat" MD80 new hire (female) was apparently fired
today. Apparently the co-pilot required several IOE sessions. At the conclusion
of the last session, parking brake parked, etc., the check captain advised the
co-pilot that he was not going to sign her off. He indicated that she will need
additional IOE.

She advised the captain that she was done and to sign her off. Again, the
Ck CA said that he did not see her as ready and that she will get more IOE. The
copilot again said she was done. The Ck CA asked her what precisely did she mean?

She said that if you do not sign me off, I will make it known that you propositioned
me for oral sex.
The Ck Captain promptly reached up and pulled the voice recorder circuit
breaker, called security and the Chief Pilot's office. The tape was pulled and read. Today she was
fired.
Karl

laurens
11th May 2001, 01:48
What I really would like to know what the name of that girl was?
I think the main reason she remains anonymous is that this is one of those urban legends you real males like to tell each other when you bitch about all those females and minorities taken over your jobs. The reallity is that only about two percent of the airline pilots is minority or female, the biggest competition you have is not from those couple of girls out there who are doing what you should be doing: flying an airplane not bitching about the fact that for the last 99 years they weren't allowed to apply for a job as a pilot. I'm really curious to know if you think women should be allowed to : -vote ,-drive cars, -speak up against their man, -think for themselves, or is it just flying that only can be done by white males? For your information I'm a FO on a Dash-8 33 years old and MALE.
greatings Laurens

scroggs
11th May 2001, 03:32
I fail to see what the relevance of this thread is to our Wannabes. If your point is that someone can attempt to rig the system in their own favour by blackmail, well welcome to the world of real people in all their horrific splendour. If your point is that there is somehow a greater opportunity or motive for female pilots to attempt to move things in their favour, I'm afraid you'll find little sympathy here. People can be unscrupulous whatever their sex or background; just one of those things you have to learn in life. Discuss it next time you're in the pub, or in Rumours and News, or JetBlast. Not here.

------------------
Scroggs
Wannabe Forum Moderator
[email protected]