PDA

View Full Version : AirLog to buy 10 to 35 S76C+

leading edge
27th Jan 2003, 06:46
A whisper was heard the other day that it will be announced at HAI in Dallas that Air Logistics has purchased 10 firm with options for 25 more S76C+ helicopters.

Rumour has it that the aircraft are part of a long term replacement program for their A and A+ models in AirLog and Bristow. They will initially offer them for service in the Gulf of Mexico and plan to offer a cheaper than normal price to accelerate their introduction and acceptance by the oil and gas industry.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bristow boys getting a chance to fly them on the Southern North Sea, although they may be leased to Bristow through Airlog's leasing company.

LE :eek:

TomBola
27th Jan 2003, 19:31
Southern North Sea is just as well as they seem to have a lot of problems when they're operated in hot climates - mostly needing lots of extra care to pass power assurance checks. They also need a lot of maintenance. Heli Hong Kong and various operators in tropical locations have to work very hard to keep them flying. What has CHCs experience with them been like in Angola?

SASless
27th Jan 2003, 23:02
Anyone taking odds on how many "new" 76's wind up in Nigeria with Bristow?

My money says "none"....nada...zip..zero....nil...naught....!

I will bet doughnuts to dog droppings....you can hold the stakes in yer mouth.....two years time frame...and not one new S-76 will find its way to Nigeria on a long-term contract.