PDA

View Full Version : working rights in Italy

williamsf1
27th Jan 2003, 04:40
Ciao!

I am curious to find out how you can legally have the right to work in Italy. My future will involve marrying an Italian girl. Does this automatically give me "right of abode" to work and live in Italy?
Any assistance would be great!!!

thanks!!!! :)

GEENY
27th Jan 2003, 11:17
If she is resident in Italy and signs she would support you financially you stand a very good chance.Has the family met you?

williamsf1
28th Jan 2003, 08:11
Geeny,

Yeah she lives in the Napoli area, and would be able to support me initially I am sure ( I hope!! :D ),
so yeah, there are no problems there.

I spent a fair bit of time in italy last year, and hope to get back there again in June.....

I believe you can remain in italy for 90days without a visa, but with no right to work, this doesnt bother me initally as I have to get the licence etc......

when you say a very good chance? is it not a formality in gaining the right to work and live etc??

I will then have to do the JAR licence conversion, but that is another story!!!

any advice from foriegners marrying an Italian, and then living there would be great!!!!!

also anyone know who operates SA227 metroliners in and out of Napoli??

CHEERS!!!!!...

williamsf1
3rd Feb 2003, 08:04
can anyone help me out????

williamsf1
3rd Feb 2003, 23:40
Mr. Hat,

Yes to all of the above at this stage, the flying one may take a little more time it seems.....

So Geeny, can you expand on your post?

Or anyone else for that matter!!

:O :O :O :cool:

tarjet fixated
6th Feb 2003, 01:08
The metroliners out of NAP are operated by the US armed forces...you don't need a JAR licence for that!

ILS27LEFT
6th Feb 2003, 15:48
If you tell me your nationality I will let you know...
Life in and around the Naples area can be very hard as this is one of the poorest regions of Italy with a very high level of unemployment and a quite high corruption-crime level.
Let me know your nationality.
There are many nice things too....but if you are expecting a typical Italian life style, Naples cannot be compared to the North (unfortunately!)
Ciao!!

williamsf1
7th Feb 2003, 01:21
G'day ILS27LEFT,

Well Im Australian, and spent a bit of time in Napoli last year, and found it quite ok... sure it could be a bit wild at night in certain areas... i.e. central station!!

The only reason I was curious about working in this area is that my GF lives just up the road in Avellino, and NAP is the closest large airport....

I dont have the JAR (yet) or right to live (yet) but would like to find more info about the type of work in this area for someone with my experience....

Grazie :):)

Go Montoya!!! :D:D:D:D:cool:

williamsf1
19th Feb 2003, 10:33
ILS27LEFT where are ya mate? I'm waiting for your reply....

does anyone else have any ideas??

willing to listen to anyones advice!!!

Ta,

Montoya to beat those pesky red things too~!!!!:mad: :mad:

Mascalzone78
23rd Feb 2003, 21:18
Hi my friend i'll tell you how the things work in Italy.
The only think you need is a Sponsor ( a powerfull men or woman that can help you to get a job), if you found someone you can even work in Alitalia.
That's all.
Oh if you found someone let me know becouse i need a sponsor too.
Ciao

Xenia
25th Feb 2003, 15:29
williamsf1, I think it's very hard to answer your questions, as it has to do with "legal bits" none of us seem to be involved with.
The best option for you is to ask your girlfriend to find a solicitor and get the information you need.
Good luck

sodapop
2nd Mar 2003, 06:37
Ciao Williams,
Here's the deal. I married an Italian 8 years ago and after finishing up my tour with USAF decided to try to stay in Italy. First, it can be done because I did it if you get my point.

The right to live and work in Italy is no problem if you are married to an Italian. The right to work for an airline is a little different as you must be accepted by ENGA (ente nazionale gente dell'aria) which is a government run professional association for pilots. If you are not an EU citizen this is difficult as the company hiring you must explain why they want to hire a non-EU citizen. In my case I was granted a one-year contract and after receiving my Italian citizenship (dual citizen rights) I was granted a normal contract. Call the embassy to see how you need to apply or have your girlfriend go to the questura and ask. Lots of paperwork and marca da bollo (10 euro each) to paste on the papers.

As for the license the process is changing but Italy is not yet JAA certified. Might be easier for you to go to England and convert your Aussie license there to a JAA. You could then be hired in Italy with your JAA License. I had to take written and practical Commercial exams in Italian and then once hired I upgraded to an ATPL. Now you must go through a TRTO (certified type rated training office) of which there are many around Italy to do your training for the ATPL.

As for getting hired here, as Mascalzone said, it helps to have a sponsor. Not too much movement right now in the market with the threat of war etc.

Send me a personal message if you want more info as I don't check this forum too often. Good luck mate.

joker64
4th Sep 2003, 19:46
Hello Sodapop and Williams. Sodapop I'd like to talk to you some time about your airline experience in Italy. I have been married to an Italian gal for almost 1 year. I'm currently flying for a government contractor in Naples. I've also looked into converting my license, and to convert an ATPL is much easier than a Commercial, via JAA requirements.

Williams, I concur with all that Sodapop told you. Good advice.

Steve

sodapop
9th Sep 2003, 15:21
Ciao Joker64, I sent you a personal message with my contact info.

Sodapop