PDA

View Full Version : Mature Student Recruited

RichT
23rd Mar 2001, 19:31
I am posting this purely to encourage all wanabes but especially those that have posted that they are worried that they are too old. I have been recruited to fly a 737-200

For the stat seekers out there I am 41 years old and have 825 flying hours with 35 on multi the rest single engine. All writtens were CAA by correspondence. I passed my IR last November at PAT in Bournemouth I did an MCC course at 4 forces on a KingAir simulator 2 weeks ago. Oh and my CV was more than one page long.

I am sure you have all heard any advice I can give you just keep trying and be prepared for the day you get an interview. It can all happen very quickly. I used Penny Austin for interview advice. Thank you Penny if you around.

I start right away so I may not be able answer any questions you may have but if you email me I will get back to when I can.

Very best of luck to all of you.

The man formerly known as
23rd Mar 2001, 19:44
Excellent news!!!

Congratulations. I always knew it was possible. Who are you flying for?

How many applications did you make and did you know someone in the airline?

RichT
23rd Mar 2001, 19:54
I had applied to about 40 companies over the 3 months since January. I got 4 or 5 application forms and one interview and no I didn't have a contact with them but I did with a couple of others that didn't help one bit.

Blindside
23rd Mar 2001, 21:08
Congratulations, you must be really chuffed.

regards

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.

HomerSimpson
23rd Mar 2001, 22:19
Rich,

Congratulations, I guess all the hard work has paid off. Especially as you got sraight on to jets. Congratulations once again.

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts