PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Photo ID Policy

Tee
25th Jan 2003, 20:47
It's Saturday night, I'm trying to make an online booking PIK-DUB with Ryanair and their helpdesk is closed (and when it opens, it'll cost me £1.00 per minute for their advice!)

Can anyone help?

The website states that they'll only accept one of 4 types of photo-ID, that is, a passport, national ID card from a Schengen country, photo Driving Licence or Student Card....and they say they'll refuse anyone without one of these. The would-be passenger has none of these but could produce an OAP travel card with photo. Is she likely to be turned away? Has anyone checked in successfully with other forms of ID?

All advice appreciated.

pilotwolf
25th Jan 2003, 21:27
Suggest you read this thread...

Ryan#air ID (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76934)

Tee
25th Jan 2003, 22:14
Many thanks pilotwolf!

Looks like Mother will be travelling ex GLA with Aer Lingus

Chef
25th Jan 2003, 23:50
Tee

There is no chance she will get through on that im afraid mate, even if she gets to DUB they will catch her on the way back!!

that will be another £40 to FR, they are pretty tight on their ID policy and will not budge.

Chef:mad:

tangocharlie
26th Jan 2003, 07:31
I know someone with an airline ID complete with photo. Even this wasn't accepted!

Flame
29th Jan 2003, 01:54
I am normally a supporter of FR, but on their I.D directions..me thinks they have lost the plot completely

I am personally aware, that false student I.D can be obtained on the internet, and I know of a number of cases where the company will not accept Airport/Airline I.D and have also refused some police officers carrying their warrant cards

Now, I ask this question...If Michael O'Leary was in urgent need of Police help and a Detective arrived on the scene to help him out...would he demand proper I.D and when this detective produced his warrant card...would Mr O'Leary refuse to accept that he was a Policeman..?

I doubt if Mr O'Leary knows all his pilots personally, but when they turn up for work at an airport where FR has only 2/3 flights a week..why does he allow security at these airports to accept the FR company I.D to allow these pilots onto aircraft

Maybe its just me...but is it a case of "Do as I say not as I Do"
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: